anyone else looking for a weight loss buddy?

yogreenlaw
yogreenlaw Posts: 7
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Although I have been logging using MFP for a little over a month and love it I am not finding that it is enough to motivate me to get to the gym on a regular basis, looking for others out there that are struggling as I am.

I am a single female 30 years old who is trying to get back in shape, grew up playing sports, however havent done to much of anything the last 4 years and it shows, both on the scale and in my energy levels/moods.

I would like to lose in the 30lb range and get my energy levels back so that I have the energy to go to the gym and do things after work rather then coming home and doing nothing all evening

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    If you guys feel like, you are welcome to add me!
  • dom98se
    dom98se Posts: 4 Member
    Stick with it! Add some friends to motivate each other... When I log in every morning I see some friends have already posted workouts. This motivates me to make sure I get my workout in as well.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Hi there!
    Feel free to add me... and get active with the posts on here. Its really helped me stay motivated.
    Good luck!
  • hello my name is rick i live in Maine. I also need someone to help keep me going maybe we can help each other . i weigh 286lbs and i need to lose 86 lbs that is my goal .happy:
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    You can feel free to add me as well; no obligation, just more support and encouragement :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Hey,

As Dom said,a good friend base can provide all the motivation that you need.I work out in some form each day and also log on every day,so am able to offer the motivation along with my own friend base.
    Feel free add if you wish....:smile:
    Good Luck..
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    You can add me too! There are plenty of days I don't want to go to the gym, but I go after seeing everyone else has already logged in their exercises. Also, those who post their success stories on MFP really motivate me as well. Hang in there. You can do this!:smile:
  • Stick with it! Add some friends to motivate each other... When I log in every morning I see some friends have already posted workouts. This motivates me to make sure I get my workout in as well.

So true! I also get motivated by watching other peoples successes and their constant motivation. Everyone is always so supportive.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    You need to look deep inside to find that desire to workout. Or should I say that this is what I needed to do. Fortunately for me I like to workout!

Good luck on your journey!

Feel free to add if you would like.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    I'm open to accepting some friends. Together it can be done.
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Have you considered finding a local weight loss buddy? Check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is dedicated to connecting locals who share a passion for healthy lifestyles. With a database of over 8,000 weight loss centers, 6,000 gyms, thousands of parks and trails, and over 100,000 upcoming events (all searchable by zip code) there is a lot to enjoy. You can find a buddy at WannaBuddy.com.
This discussion has been closed.