how to burn more calories!!

Options
so when i was 323 pounds and losing i could burn mad calories now it like i got to pump my little heart out just to burn 3-400. I mean i know smaller people burn less but i mean how am i to get my body to burn more other then 3 hour workouts every day i suppose. sometimes ill be working out and im like is it working anymore is my body even responding i dont know just wondering if anyone else know what i mean by this and maybe a cure for it. maybe im spoiled by the fast weight loss in th beginning. that could be it too?

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    You have to do different type of exercises which will make goes up and down your heartbeat. There are a site that I use when I don't feel like to do same exercises over and over again. www.bodyrock.tv Good luck!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You should try the C25K program
    http://www.c25k.com/
    They even have a treadmill program if you do that.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but I looked at ur pics... you look AMAZING! great job!
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    I know what you mean it sucks. My other half and I cycled the exact same distance on an exercise bike and he burned about 300 calories more than I did...jealous! As your're losing weight, I guess the less you weigh, the less calories you burn, but then on the flip side, the less you weigh, the closer to your goal you are and , the fewer calories you need per day to sustain yourself, so I guess it's all relative. You maybe burning the same amount of calories relative to your size before, but the same % is less now you are smaller.

Try doing other activities to work you out, indoor wall climbing HURTS in a good way, or maybe do some classes like BodyPump or spinning which are very high intensity workouts. perhaps your body is getting used to your workouts so shaking it up a bit might help!

Let me know how it goes :-)

Amie
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    I know what you mean it sucks. My other half and I cycled the exact same distance on an exercise bike and he burned about 300 calories more than I did...jealous! As your're losing weight, I guess the less you weigh, the less calories you burn, but then on the flip side, the less you weigh, the closer to your goal you are and , the fewer calories you need per day to sustain yourself, so I guess it's all relative. You maybe burning the same amount of calories relative to your size before, but the same % is less now you are smaller.

Try doing other activities to work you out, indoor wall climbing HURTS in a good way, or maybe do some classes like BodyPump or spinning which are very high intensity workouts. perhaps your body is getting used to your workouts so shaking it up a bit might help!

Let me know how it goes :-)

Amie
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm not sure what to tell you, because it is simply a fact that as you get closer to your goal weight, it will be harder and harder to take the weight off. You don't burn as many calories. I'm at a point where I'm within about 15 lbs of my goal weight, but only 3 away from reaching a healthy BMI. I've been plateaued for about 3 months. I've finally started really switching things up with my eating and exercise, hoping this will help get things moving again. Adding weight lifting back into my routine, and doing HIIT with my cardio. I'm also zig-zagging my calories. We'll see what happens.

Good luck! You've made unbelievable progress so far, so I know you'll find something that works!
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    so when i was 323 pounds and losing i could burn mad calories now it like i got to pump my little heart out just to burn 3-400. I mean i know smaller people burn less but i mean how am i to get my body to burn more other then 3 hour workouts every day i suppose. sometimes ill be working out and im like is it working anymore is my body even responding i dont know just wondering if anyone else know what i mean by this and maybe a cure for it. maybe im spoiled by the fast weight loss in th beginning. that could be it too?
    I am just starting at this relative to your progress, but I did find that as my fitness level increased, it was harder and harder for me to get my heart rate up enough to cause a significant calorie burn. I would use a mode on my recumbent bike that would adjust the resistance based on my heart rate. When my heart rate fell, the bike would make the resistance go up so that I would pedal harder. But, it could take a minute or so before it would adjust. So I found myself pedaling faster to get my heart rate up. That worked for a while, but as my fitness level improved, I found myself pedaling 90-100 RPM and still could not get my heart rate above 110 which resulted in a low calorie burn. I couldn't pedal fast enough to get my heart rate up.

So, I turned off the automated setting and adjusted the resistance level manually. Then, the resistance level caused me to expend more energy and I was able to get my heart rate up to 130 with RPM's in the 70's and my HRM is reporting calorie burns in the 500's (I reduce it based on my BMR during and record them lower).

So... I dunno if that will help you, but maybe just increasing the resistance on whatever equipment you use, or maybe wearing ankle weights during workouts. Anything to make your muscles work harder.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    thanks guys i like them all and will try all!