Someone new here saying hi!!

Options
HI everyone!!
Im new to this site and want to send a hello out to everyone!! I've been struggling with my weight since I was 20 and am now looking to change it for the better and for good!! Im one who love sweets and Coca-cola (the ol' infamous coke habit!!) At one point I was drinking like 8-12 cokes a day now down to 2...and cant wait till Im not drinking them (just worried about the withdrawel headaches....any suggestions???). I love meeting new people for mutual support, and looking to make new supportive friends in the VA area. :noway:

Replies

• Jenny22150
    Options
    HI everyone!!
    Im new to this site and want to send a hello out to everyone!! I've been struggling with my weight since I was 20 and am now looking to change it for the better and for good!! Im one who love sweets and Coca-cola (the ol' infamous coke habit!!) At one point I was drinking like 8-12 cokes a day now down to 2...and cant wait till Im not drinking them (just worried about the withdrawel headaches....any suggestions???). I love meeting new people for mutual support, and looking to make new supportive friends in the VA area. :noway:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Welcome, know what you mean about the coke thing, I drank on average 2litres+ per day. I hate the taste of diet coke. I drink mostly water, iced tea with artificial sweetner and every once in a while toss back one of those new 8oz cans of coke, but not often. Good luck lots of great people here for support.
  • deeval45
    Options
    Today is my first day- but I'm looking forward to reaching my goal weight. I'm 4"11' and weigh 155 lbs- way over the limit for my stature. My birthday is March 1, and I would like to at least be 10 lbs lighter.
    I started excersizing with a co-worker, who is very encouraging, but I need all the encouragement I can get. I too love sweets. I haven't always liked sweets, but since my hysterectomy and turning 40+- I have an insatiable craving for sweets- especially late at night.

Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • rainysoul
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome! Hope you like it here, and I wish you lucK!
  • kw8man
    kw8man Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome!! Today is my first day and i am actually doing pretty good. I havent had one pop today!!! Its hard the first few weeks when you cut pop out, i would suggest taking an excedrin if your withdrawl headaches get severe, excedrin contains a little bit of caffiene that will help your craving and the headach go away, only use this for the first week or so, its not a habit forming medication but any medicine can be if you abuse it, so be careful!! Good luck to you on your journey to health :o)
  • Jenny22150
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positivity!!! :flowerforyou:
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    I feel for you Coke was one of the hardest things for me to give up. Good luck and remember it is only a drink.
  • ktmayne
    Options
    I had a huge coke habit. Recently I have been making black ice tea..if you like it. You will get your caffeine without the sugar. I like berry or citrus.
  • bu88iiee
    Options
    IM A PEPSI DRINKER AND TODAY WAS MY FIRST DAY IV HAVE NONE BUT I WENT OFF IT SLOW I STARTED OUT A 12 PACK ADAY ON 1/1/08 AND JUST STARTED REPLACING IT WITH WATER OR TEA, ITS HARD THOUGH I THOUGHT OF ONE ALL DAY GOOD LUCK I KNOW WE ALL CAN DO THIS
    JUNE:bigsmile: