Wii fit anyone?

Options
Hi! I'm new around here! I was just wondering if anybody has a Wii Fit and how they like it. I have one and I try to use it at least 4 times a week. I love to do step aerobics and hula hoop!

My kids also love the Wii fit :ohwell: Every time I get it out they are bugging me to use it!

Replies

• ksimons
    Options
    Hi! I'm new around here! I was just wondering if anybody has a Wii Fit and how they like it. I have one and I try to use it at least 4 times a week. I love to do step aerobics and hula hoop!

My kids also love the Wii fit :ohwell: Every time I get it out they are bugging me to use it!
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit, but I haven't been able to use it for awhile since I've been very sick!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    my hubby is supposed to be getting me one for christmas :smooched:
  • Footprintz
    Options
    I received my Wii Fit last thrusday and am, I must say, addicted.

Wii has been my best source of fun excercise. I work on the 9th floor and have walked up and down those flights. I've done some ice skating, well ok, only twice, also the Gazelle.

Wii allows me to sweat and have a great time playing Tennis and Boxing and I really like the step program and skiing. I'm having a blast, blasting away those pounds

:drinker:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I totally love my wii fit, my kids love it too, we usually have a couple nights a week that we all do the wii fit, my 9 and 5 year olds love it to death. I am trying to keep them healthy so that they don't grow up like i did.
  • ksimons
    Options
    Has anyone found any information on how many caloried the different exercises burn? I know alot depends on how well you do the exercise... but I was looking for a ballpark figure.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My son is buyng me one for Xmas - I CAN'T WAIT !!!!! :)
  • Footprintz
    Options
    ksimons:

this was passed to me by another member, hope this helps

Tennis:
    The real sport: 8.1 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 5.3 calories per minute

Boxing:
    The real sport: 10.2 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 7.2 calories per minute

Golf:
    The real sport: 3.9 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 3.1 calories per minute

Bowling:
    The real sport: 7.2 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 3.5 calories per minute

Baseball:
    The real sport: 7.3 calories per minute
    Wii Sports: 4.5 calories per minute

Off course everyone expected that real sports make you burn more calories than the Wii Sports games, but during their research they certainly didn’t play too active. The just flicked their wrists and didn’t throw their whole body into the game.

I hope this helps you out. I found it on the Wii healthy sight
    http://www.wiihealthy.com/gamenews/wii-sports-vs-real-sports-burned-calories-calculated/
  • ksimons
    Options
    Thanks!