Please come forward...

Options
clewliss
clewliss Posts: 640 Member
I apologize if this has already been before, but I would love to hear from you that have lost 35lbs or more. I have 35lbs to lose and it seems so far away. You are an encouragement to me and I'm sure many others. I certainly don't want to take away from those who have lost less because I know you are like me and proud of every lb lost! I strut with my 7lb loss:happy: Just thought it would be nice to see and also share your story if you're up to it. I might add, I'm proud of all of you:wink:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this has already been before, but I would love to hear from you that have lost 35lbs or more. I have 35lbs to lose and it seems so far away. You are an encouragement to me and I'm sure many others. I certainly don't want to take away from those who have lost less because I know you are like me and proud of every lb lost! I strut with my 7lb loss:happy: Just thought it would be nice to see and also share your story if you're up to it. I might add, I'm proud of all of you:wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hey, I lost more than 35 pounds. And I couldn't have done it with out MFP. Well I could have, but MFP has made it a lot easier. I basically follow the calorie guidelines for losing a pound a week, and toss in a free day once a week. I have lost about .75 pounds a week, but haven't really hit any plateaus. I try to exercise 3 times a week. We have a busy schedule and any more than that would interfer with everything else that is going on. Plus 3 days a week is something I can commit to for the rest of my life.

Good luck. You can do it.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am down 122 in about 14 months.

I guess I qualify!! hahaha!

I started to make one small change after another, not stress myself out until I was living a completely different lifestyle. It can be done and you don't have to suffer to get there. It's all about being sensible.

Take it a week at a time and before you know it, the weeks will add up! Trust me, I know!!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    When I started with MFP 6 months ago, I never in a million years thought that THIS would work either. I had tried just about everything there was to try, including hypnosis, Weight Watchers, Overeaters An., Drs. diets, Curves, etc., only to fail after just a short time. But when I came here, and could actually see the numbers of everything I was eating, and follow MFP's guidelines, and started getting some exercise, the weight just started coming off! I never once gained, but I have had alot of weeks of either staying the same, or losing only a pound here and there. I never gave up though, because it IS such an easy "lifestyle change" to follow. I CAN "be bad" now and then, now that I know that I can just exercise more and watch my numbers. Like yesterday, I had a double cheeseburger for lunch, but I danced, walked, and had a Lean Cuisine for supper.
    Not one day goes by that I don't thank Mike for making this wonderful site, and also all of the wonderfully supportive members here! My life has REALLY changed for the better! I came here depressed and hating myself 6 months ago, and now every day is exciting, and I feel and look soooooo much better than I used to! I'm sure there will be tons of others telling you the same exact thing! Just stick with MFP, because it REALLY, REALLY DOES WORK!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I do have weeks here and there that I won't lose any (I think the longest was 3 weeks), but I try not to get discouraged, because then I'll have a week were I will lose 2 to 3 pounds.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've lost 73 lbs since December and still want to loose about 30 to 35 pounds more. Like Tam, I've made a few small changes at a time and have concentrated on changing my lifestyle. I've really focused on working out regularly (I'm kinda addicted to it now) and on staying within my MFP calorie limits. In the beginning I seldom cheated or fell off the wagon, but the closer I've gotten to my goal the harder that has become. It was quite a revelation to find that one day of complete indulgence didn't automatically undo all the work I've done. I'm starting to eat more like a skinny person now. Most of the time, I'm very sensible about what I eat and the portions but every now and then, I just go crazy and that's ok.

Since December I've been able to discontinue high blood pressure medication, lowered my bad cholesteral and triglycerids by more than 50% and have gone from borderline diabetic to normal sugar levels. And, I've gone from a size 20 to a size 10/12 depending on the fit.

My advice, focus on more than just fitting into your skinny jeans. I won't deny that it's a huge motivator but, there are so many health reasons for eating healthy, losing weight, and exercise.

Good luck!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I've lost 59lbs with MFP, and I have to say it felt like it took no time at all, even though it was since january of this year..lol I love my new healthy lifestyle and wouldn't go back to my old ways even if I would never gain a pound back :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My sisters above are absolutely correct.

My simple advice to everyone that asks me "how did you do it?" is one word:

Patience!

You've got to focus on little changes, and long-term results. It's hard, but just. keep. going.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    My advice would be take one day at a time. In the long run, we will look back and simply laugh at our old selves.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Well, I lost almost 30 pounds in about 4-5 months
    I started here in Jan and hit my target by May
    I have been hanging around trying to find a happy balance and maintain my weight lose

GOOD LUCK
    You can do it!

Kim
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    me too like kimber i started dec07 and by april 08 i was 30 pounds lighter, and i didnt do anything drastic just cut portions and got outside and moved more. one week at a time and some weeks suck other totally rock just keep at it and will will be totally blown away.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!