LOTS OF WATER BUT NO TRIPS TO THE BATHROOM?

Options
I STARTED DRINKING AT LEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER A DAY BUT FIND THAT I AM NOT URINATING ANYMORE THEN USUAL I GO TO THE BATHROOM MAYBE 5 TIMES A DAY WHICH IS NORMAL WITHOUT THE WATER...MY SODIUM IS NOT OVER ONLY MY DAILY LOG AND I STOPPED DRINKING MY DIET POP...I HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT AND ITS BEEN A WEEK SINCE I STARTED EXERCISING, LOGGING WHAT I EAT AND DRINKING WATER...THE SCALE SAYS I GAINED A POUND!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were dehydrated to begin with. You could be retaining it becuase of TOM.

wait and see what happens in a few days to a week.
  • solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WHATS TOM?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Time of month.
    Period.
  • solomonsmom
    Options
    OOOH LOL SORRY ....NOPE NOT TOM
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public, maybe I can help.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Why are you yelling =(

Do you sweat a lot? When I'm active and sweating I have to pee less because my body is using and losing it, I guess.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining it. Are your feet swollen? Hands? Face?

To accurately determine if you are getting rid of it you would have to measure intake and output.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your water a bit more, maybe that will tip it over the edge
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just give it some time, it might take your body a while to realize it will be getting the fluids it needs so its holding on to it.

also just a note. not trying to be rude but a lot of people on the site get aggravated by all caps :flowerforyou:
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm still going all the time and I drink at least 64 oz a day on most days if not more, even with my work outs. Maybe your body isn't used to the "routine" yet? Just a suggestion.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    if youre not sweating a lot or swelling up i'm going to guess that you were dehydrated to start with. Just keep going, it often takes your body a few weeks to catch up with changes
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    are you sweating a lot? maybe your body is losing some of the water there. as far as the pound gained if you have only been exercising a week i wouldn't worry to much about it. just keep it up and see what happens next week because sometime muscle will retain water when it is repairing itself after exercise.
  • Shunhades
    Shunhades Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't fret, for some people (myself included) it can take as long as a month to see results. A week is not a long enough time to see results.

There's a variety of reasons you could of gained a pound.
    1. Retaining water
    2. Your muscle is building up faster than your losing fat
    3. Your body hasn't adjusted to your not regime.

There's more than this, but this is just to name a few. Keep at it, you'll eventually see results.

For some people it can take months to see results as well so keep this in mind. Also focus more on what you feel. Like do you clothes feel not so tight? Also measure yourself about one time every 2 or 3 weeks. Thats a better way to see your weight loss than the scale.
  • solomonsmom
    Options
    sorry about the caps just easier for me to see what i am typing... i do sweat a nice amount when i exercise..... not swallom in hands and feet, and hope im not retaining water if i am what can i do about that?

also i made my diary public if that helps thanks everyone
  • kickboxingmom
    Options
    When you exercise or lift weights your muscles actually "hold" more water. If you are sweating alot when you exercise, you may not pee out all the extra fluids you are taking in. Maybe you just have an extra strong bladder and you don't have to pee as often as most of us... :wink: However, as one who has gained/lost weight off and on for the last 9 years due to pregnancies, I know that you may or may not see instant results after one week of exercise... In fact, this last time, maybe due to the fact that I am "older" now, it took me 2 weeks to see a 1 pound loss*. And when TOM comes around, I gain about 3-5 pounds just in water weight, and then when TOM leaves, I instantly lose that weight again. *Note: It took me 18 months of faithful exercise (not always great diet) to lose 30 pounds. I joined MFP to try to get those last nagging 5-10 pounds off, because I haven't lost in over 4 months and I have been running at least 9 miles a week, sometimes more.

We all get on that "plateau" from time to time. Just keep on keeping on and you will see results... And muscle weighs more than fat, so even if you don't see a difference on the scale you *may* see a difference in the way your clothes feel. :smile:
  • solomonsmom
    Options
    thanks ill keep that all in mind
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Not to be graphic and all, but make sure to note your urine color, too. If it is coming out more clear, you are properly hydrated. If it's got more deep yellowish color to it, you still need more water. I wasn't drinking enough water and got some blood results back with conditions all links to dehydration. I've started to increase my intake and I was the same way; going to the bathroom JUST as often with no increase. But, I DID notice the change in color. Make sure to watch that also because that can tell you a lot about whether you are getting too much or too little hydration.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    Don't fret, for some people (myself included) it can take as long as a month to see results. A week is not a long enough time to see results.

There's a variety of reasons you could of gained a pound.
    1. Retaining water
    2. Your muscle is building up faster than your losing fat
    3. Your body hasn't adjusted to your not regime.

There's more than this, but this is just to name a few. Keep at it, you'll eventually see results.

For some people it can take months to see results as well so keep this in mind. Also focus more on what you feel. Like do you clothes feel not so tight? Also measure yourself about one time every 2 or 3 weeks. Thats a better way to see your weight loss than the scale.

Build muscle faster than losing fat? Ha! if only it were that easy. You would be lucky and busting *kitten* if you gained 2lbs of muscle a month easting over your calories.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    oops double post xD