I'm struggling!

Options
I am really struggling this week. I've used the site 5 weeks and love it, and it's helping me tremendously.But I am feeling hungry a lot of the time, which will lead me into binging, which I don't want to do. I am not depriving myself, I am eating small portions of the things I love. I am wondering if there are foods I can count on to help me feel full? I just never feel satisfied. Can anyone suggest foods for me. Also my weight loss isn't where I expected it to be. I don't want to lose my motivation because my weigh in aren't what I want. I am working out for 45 min - 1 hr, 6 times a week. And my weight loss has been as follows. Week one, 5 lbs lost, week two, 2 lbs lost. Week three, zero. Week four, zero. Week five, 2 lbs lost. I feel like I am busting my butt killing myself and all I'm left with is sore legs. Can anyone suggest what I need to change? I went from no physical activity at all 5 weeks ago, to killing it at the gym. I would have thought I would see some changes!!!!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You're LOSING and that should be where your focus is. Plus, really it isn't healthy to lose more than 2 pounds a week and one a week is the recommended for healthiest weight loss. It's not a bad thing. Losing it slower is the way to go because it will be SO much easier to maintain once you reach your goal... It's all good... you got this!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    try eating foods that are high in fiber or proteins, they help you feel fuller, longer. are you changing up your workout routines? that usually works for me, ive been at a bit of a plateau myself lately though.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Firstly make sure you are eating your allotted calories and a good portion of your exercise calories

Next suddenly starting to work out can make it seem like weight loss has stalled or stopped, simply because your muscles will hold onto extra fluids to help repair and refuel the next work out...in the long term it leads to better weight loss.

As for feeling hungry, bulk your meals with plenty of vegetables but also good lean protein, protein keeps you fuller for a lot longer.

Keep it up, youve averaged 2lbs a week which is fantastic. Well done
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Eat protein to help you feel fuller for longer!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You've actually been doing really well! If you are wanting to keep the weight off a slow steady pace is the best way to go. Shoot for losing between 1-2 lbs/week. Somethings that make me feel fuller are cottage cheese and grapes, an orange with walnuts and almonds, oatmeal, string cheese with a piece of fruit. I also like to snack on sugar snap peas or carrots. Remember to drink all of your water. I found that if I drink a full glass of water before a meal that I eat less and feel more satisfied. Try staying with in your calories and walking every day. It's one of the best forms of exercise and it's the easiest to do.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Try to eat more protein & fiber to feel full. I've read that if you incorporate some protein with every meal or snake, you will feel fuller longer.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating foods that have protien or fiber, that will satisfiy you.

I love carrots and hummus, cottage cheese and pineapple, special k snack bars.

5 weeks could be that you are just coming around to your time of month and you could be feeling the muchies from that.

10lbs is a good start. go lift 2, 5lb bags of flour or sugar and see how much you've lost. That should give you some motivation.

You can do it, just experiment with different foods and snacks to see what you find filling.
  • otaylor10
    Options
    I know how you feel. I started working out HARD after being a major couch potato. I was frustrated when I didn't see the results I wanted. I kept going though. Eating more fresh veggies. Sticking to my daily calorie goals and exercising. Then, after what felt like forever to me. It started coming off. I do have to change my workouts from time to time because I can tell when I am going into a slump. My ticker says 4lbs, but I started a healthier lifestyle in Feb and I've lost 30lbs so far. It gets really hard, but we can do it.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've read that if you incorporate some protein with every meal or snake, you will feel fuller longer.

I know that "snake" is a typo, but thanks for the chuckle!

As for the original post - high fiber baby! Eat a huge green salad with lo or no cal "dressing" (balsamic vinegar or salsa are good) or have a huge bowl of steamed veggies (just not starchy ones) with Mrs. Dash to season them - presto! Full belly! :smile: