What's the one bad habit you're going to fight to get rid of

Options
So much of this journey is about bad habits and switching them to good habits. I am going to stop stress eating after 8:30 at night, and do yoga instead. How about you? What's the biggest habit that's bringing down your goals and dreams? What are you going to replace it with?

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate FEIND!!!
    I used to eat it atleast once a day. I even liked a nibble before a meal.
    I think I have eaten chocolate two or three times this past month...
    I still fight it too
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Diet soda!! I just love how it BURNS! lol Also, I like eating crunchy, salty or sugary things when I'm angry. I need to make carrots my new angry food!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking. It's amazing how just that one bad habit really helped.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My sugar addiction! I love my sweets and use to eat them every day! "A moment on the lips, is a lifetime on the hips!" And for my case, my hips are already too big as it is! :laugh:
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Alcohol! Two or three drinks a night really adds up.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day back on the sugarless wagon. My attitude and behavior is so much better when I leave the complex sugar alone! So here is to another new start!
  • poppins1981
    Options
    Do we have to pick one?? Mine is my Pepsi habit. 1-2 liters a day has proven to be really bad for me. Imagine that. I binge eat when I'm bored, too, so I'm trying to find ways to keep my hands busy so I don't put food in them.
  • tmonsta617
    Options
    Late night snacking. It's amazing how just that one bad habit really helped.

My wife and I are both in agreement with this one. Late night snacking was a beast on us. Just cutting that out has made a HUGE difference not only on calorie cound but energy.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    snacking after dinner, it's my downfall.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My problems seem to come when I'm out the house. Before work (2-4 nights a week) I go round a friend's and his mum drops me to work and looks after my dog while I'm at work. While at their house or out and about in town or whatever, that's when problems occur. I either can't control myself enough and make bad choices, or I go the opposite way and get anxious which leads to me not eating enough or binging. OR BOTH!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm a chip-o-holic!! I love my potato chips and have the ability to snap someone's arm off if they wave a bag in front of me! ha ha.!. Ok... fortunately I have not resorted to that yet but lets just say I guard the chip bowl at parties like a mama bear watches her cubs! You come near my stash and I'm gonna lash! lol

hmmm,,,,, guess that's a bad habit I should work on ;)
  • cnktrott
    cnktrott Posts: 3
    Options
    Getting a big 32 oz Mountain dew everyday.It becomes a very bad habit.
  • cnktrott
    cnktrott Posts: 3
    Options
    I hear ya I'm the same way.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a few.... 1. Eating when I am bored, 2. after dinner, I just sit at the computer the rest of the night, and 3. mt. dew. I already cut out the pop, (11 days ago!) I am trying to get more active. my thought always were, I worked enough at work I can sit and do nothing at home. Not a good thing for sure. My weight has proven that. The bored eating, I am still working on, but instead of a bag of doritos, I munch cucumbers and dip. Not too shabby!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a few.... 1. Eating when I am bored, 2. after dinner, I just sit at the computer the rest of the night, and 3. mt. dew. I already cut out the pop, (11 days ago!) I am trying to get more active. my thought always were, I worked enough at work I can sit and do nothing at home. Not a good thing for sure. My weight has proven that. The bored eating, I am still working on, but instead of a bag of doritos, I munch cucumbers and dip. Not too shabby!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Boredom snacking.
  • nicoleperez16
    nicoleperez16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    omg i so agree with you !!! im a sugar addict !!!! (misscrystaldawn) :)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    sodium, sodium, sodium.. my biggest vice of all
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    think my problem is bread, and pasta, and bread with pasta....and binging on pizza night
  • lynnsheryl12
    Options
    Eating late.