Book Recommendations?

Options
I was looking at Jillian Michael's Making the Cut or The Mediterranean Prescription Diet books. Does anyone have either of these or have a book on fitness/nutrition with recipes that you recommend?

Replies

• ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The Beauty Detox solution: eat your way to radiant skin, renewed energy and the body you've always wanted by Kimberly Snyder

It's in my "to-read" book list for the summer
  • LadyBiker2011
    Options
    who needs a book when myfitnesspal has it all, on the puter and the phone.
    just saying. ;) i love this place.
  • drdelp
    drdelp Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been reading the Amen Solution by Daniel Amen who also wrote "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life", and "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body". His wife wrote out menu plans for both vegetarians and other and included the receipes. We are just starting on it as a couple.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    who needs a book when myfitnesspal has it all, on the puter and the phone.
    just saying. ;) i love this place.
    MFP doesnt know that much!!

glad your looking for books, they have done me great!!
    I urge you to look at Jackie warner's book has great diet plans and great cheat ideas!!
    its my fitness bible!

you wanna go deeper and get slapped in the face!! check out body by science
  • piperblue11
    Options
    Have you checked to see if your local library has the book titles you mentioned? Many times they do and you then have the option to see if you would like to own one or put it back on the shelf and look for something that fits you better........ Amazon.com is excellent for good $ value when you find one you want to have in your kitchen reference library. :smile: The New Sonoma Diet is excellent if you are looking for the Mediterranean recipes, guidelines, suggestions, compatible wines, etc. Hope this info is helpful.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Love reading about weight loss.. especially memoirs of people who have done it. "Diary of a Former Fat Girl" is a good one.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    One book that I found extremely helpful, so much in fact that I'm reading it again.....is "Outwit Your Weight" by Cathy Nonas R.D - she really puts things into perspective and gives really helpful tips on how to cut things out so that you won't miss them. She also profiles your eating habits (you fill out a quiz) and then matches what would work best for you. I personally just read it cover to cover and use the tools that I think I can stick to as well as the ones I find most helpful!! It is an amazing book, google it and read some reviews!!!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    personally i really enjoy "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky

what? wrong subject?
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    The original Sonoma Diet book is one of my all-time favorites, as is South Beach.

I'm currently reading "The Paleo Diet Solution" by Loren Cordain and it's really good.