Newbie at 400 pounds. Central Pennsylvannia

Options
I going to lose this weight. Tired of being fat. Anyone with words of encouragement would be appreciated. thanks...

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request sent!
    Ted
  • buzzkomo
    buzzkomo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One day at a time and you will do it!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Look at your weight loss 5lbs at a time. Don't bogg yourself down with the final goal.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! One of the hardest part to weight loss is the motivation. Feel free to add people including myself as friends!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Some friendly advice:
    Ok...for women, the minimum calorie deficit is 1200 cals net/day, men is 1500 cals net/ day.
    All you have to do is make sure your net is a MINIMUM of 1500 cals.
    If you eat 1500 cals, then burn 400, your deficit is at 1100 cals, so you would need to eat that 400 to keep it at 1500. It has been proven in numerous studies that your body CAN, but not always go into starvation mode if you do not get your minimum. Some people hit their starvetion mode after others, but it will happen. Not only can this happen, but you are also depleting your body of the nutrients it needs to stay healthy as well as fight off diseases. When your body goes into starvation mode, instead of digesting and dispelling the food you intake, it stores it because it "thinks" it needs it to stay alive. It's like your body is hoarding what it feels it isn't getting enough of.
    As a rule of thumb, drink half your weight in ounces of water daily...with someone your weight, it will be VERY hard to do. Thats 25 glasses of water. Sounds quite high, but get as close to it as you can. Average minimum is 8-8 oz glasses, so I would shoot for like 15/day minimum
    Vitamins. Protein. and Fiber are your friends. Sodium and sugar are not.
    Stay determined!!!
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time! It's not a race.
  • charding40
    Options
    welcome!!! always glad to have a new person on board! friend requst sent! you can do this! this is the best site for motivation, recipes, losing weight etc., the people on here are sensitive and caring, and very very supportitive!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome/Glad you are doing something to make a change in your life.
    good luck.
    jane:smile:
  • Patecakers
    Options
    HI AND WELCOME!!!!!!! Feel free to add me to your friends list....I'm a positive person who believes that having a great motivator will help you achieve your small goals, therefore leading you to your large goals!!! Drink lots of water, get plenty of rest when you're body feels depleted! exercise, however and whenever you can....even in your room if you get the urge DANCE...it's amazing how much one little dance can burn off when you post it into the MFP system!

Good luck in your journeys....and welcome to the brand new you!
    Patty
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you with us!!! Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Like everyone else says.. one day at a time.. I had 120 lbs to lose and now I am down to 81 lbs to lose... Ive been trying to lose weight for most of my life.. The tracking everything you eat and getting some exercise really works... And the people here are terrific motivators.. Dont be afraid to ask for help for encouragement and help if you need it!!

Were all here for the same reason.. to get healthy! Exercise is important.. start out small... a short walk.. I started with 10 min and then increased a little at a time. After 2 months I am up to a half hour walk in the evening... an hour of pool exercise and I just started some Zumba classes. If I can do it anyone can.. Ive had 2 knee replacements and a hip replacement . Before I started this weight loss journey I had sleep apnea and also was starting to get high blood pressure. Also my back would hurt when I walked more than a few yards. Now my sleep apnea is gone and my blood pressure is good!! My back does not hurt hardly at all when I go for a walk.. And all that in just 2 months.!

Good luck! You can do it!!!

Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Happy journey!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Hi. Welcome, I love your inspirations very well put.
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP. I absolutely love how you started out by saying, "I'm going to lose this weight." This shows your determined to give and do your best when it comes to your journey with losing weight. We are all here for the same exact thing. I'm wishing you the best of luck and continue letting everyone know what you're going to do.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You will do great here a lot of us have lots of weight to lose I have over 120 pds to loser and here I really feel like I can do it there are some very inspirational people here if you want you can befriend me
  • Rachael68
    Rachael68 Posts: 15
    Options
    This is a good place to start.. Just keep track of all your foods, drinks and exercise and you will see progress! A lot of people are very supportive. Add me as a friend if you would like to. Welcome aboard!!!!:happy:
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you have come to the right place! I love to log in and see what everyone is doing and when I struggle wow tons of support. I may be slow but with the encouragement I get here I feel more confident than I have in a long long time!
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome !
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good advice......nice of you.