greek yogurt

Options
Leisa42
Leisa42 Posts: 56 Member
how is it differ from regular yogurt. Dooes it taste better?

Replies

• chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    More protein, thicker and creamier. Personally, I think it tastes better! I still use a cheapo brand for making smoothies, but use Chobani for eating or swapping out into recipes.
  • KevKidd
    KevKidd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's thicker, not as much whey in it like regular yogurt has. We like it, have used it to make Tzatziki (sp?) by adding cukes, lemon juice and salt and pepper, we had it last night It was awesome on our baked potatoes in place of sour cream.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't think yogurt is that great to begin with, but I use greek yogurt and puree some strawberries and mix it in with a bit of granola, or I use it to make a smoothie. Could never eat it plain!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's thicker and creamier. The texture is similar to that of sour cream.

In the US, most Greek yogurts are made from cow's milk. In other parts of the world, it may be from goat's milk.

I prefer it because it's so much thicker, and it also has much more protein. The only drawback is that it costs twice as much as normal yogurt.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    It's a lot thicker and creamier and a lot more protein.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    mmmm it's so thick, almost the consistency of Daisy Sour Cream. The fruit on the bottom is the BEST...and it's soooo high in protein. I never thought I'd look forward to yogurt as a treat :)
  • Shebug1
    Shebug1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love it! Eat it out of the container plain! Mix with fresh or frozen fruit with a little high fiber cereral in the morning for my breakfast. I like the Fage 2% the best. Holds my hunger longer and worth the few extra calories and fat. I would never go back to the others now.
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    ive never tried it as well!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just ate my first greek yogurt...it was good. A bitter taste without fruit mixed in. Very thick and in my opinion, very yummy.