Hello from Canada

Options
Hi, I am new to the boards but have been working on weight loss since Sept 08. I am orginally from Saskatchewan, but I have been in Beautiful British Columbia since '96, I have two wonderful kids (well most days) dd who is almost 6 and ds who will be 1 in Feb, I have been married since 2004, too a wonderful man that just thinks about losing weight and does.

This is my journey and he will support me in it. Looking forward to this new adventure.

Ali

Replies

• prairiegirl78
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the boards but have been working on weight loss since Sept 08. I am orginally from Saskatchewan, but I have been in Beautiful British Columbia since '96, I have two wonderful kids (well most days) dd who is almost 6 and ds who will be 1 in Feb, I have been married since 2004, too a wonderful man that just thinks about losing weight and does.

This is my journey and he will support me in it. Looking forward to this new adventure.

Ali
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ALI!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome from Manitoba :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ali I am new also and I can already tell this is goimg to work.
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Canadian :).....I am from Ottawa (Ontario) and love this site......great information, able to watch calories and always great advice :).....good luck in your weight loss journey :)....
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi from the UK!!
    Also called Ali.............
    First day today and so inspired by you all that I just love it already. looks really easy to use and great fun......ish!
    :blushing:
    No picture organised yet but think this sums me up best! :bigsmile: