I have a question about GREEN TEA

Options
I heard green tea stimulated weight loss..

i am eating well ( about 1200 calorie a day)

but should i drink say 3-4 green teas a day ( they are 100 calories each)

or stick to water.

i feel that calories arent good, but the green tea might outweight the calories lol!

and i DONT want to take out 300-400 out of my day.

advice??

Replies

• ashleyjea1985
    Options
    I heard green tea stimulated weight loss..

i am eating well ( about 1200 calorie a day)

but should i drink say 3-4 green teas a day ( they are 100 calories each)

or stick to water.

i feel that calories arent good, but the green tea might outweight the calories lol!

and i DONT want to take out 300-400 out of my day.

advice??
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello Ashley,
    Green tea has zero calories. If you are drinking sweetened tea, you are drinking sugar, not just tea. I would recommend that if you want sweetened tea, use a non-calorie sweetener. Green tea is extremely high in antioxidants, and is very good for you. The sugar though, is just an unecessary waste of calories. Hope that helps.
    Cowboy
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    The benefits of green tea outweigh, in my opinion any calories that they contain. They do in a small amount help you with weight loss, but also have countless other benefits. I would not substitute green tea for water but I would add it to your lifestyle daily.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    asian green tea is the way to go (not that stuff that comes in little packages from brand names). Loose leaf green tea that needs to be steeped. It tastes so good and your body will thank you
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How on earth is your green tea 100 cal??? Calorie-count website has 'Lipton' Green Tea listed as ZERO cal - ZERO carbs and ZERO protein.
    Unless your having it with milk and sugar (YUCK) cant imagne any herbal tea being 100 cal per cup! At the very least change brands...but sounds more like you've been given the wrong information...
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Maybe its those bottled green teas with added sugars and stuff. Those seem to have a lot of calories per serving.