College / Career Help?

Options
I am currently a Junior in HS and this year I have to start applying to colleges and talking to coaches because I want to continue athletics....

Originally I wanted to get my degree in Psychology and Sociology, then branch that off to some sort of Law Enforcement...
That still interests me but I was thinking of everything else I loved. I love weight lifting, sports, and eating... Haha food...

Now I wanted to know if there's anything specific career-wise that has those things? Like a mixture of a dietician and athletic trainer?

Hope some can help me out here, Thanks.

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you get a kinesiology degree, you can go into nutrition or training or both!
  • hinesjared87
    Options
    i was in your shoes once. played d1 football, wanted to do psychology/athletic training.
    i ended up graduating with two degrees, history and social science. i liked the social science because i got to do lots of different things, from political sci, to social sci, psychology, geography, economics, anthropology, etc. anyway now i go to law school, and can't tell you how much i love it.
    you're very young, just keep your eyes open and opportunities will come your way. there's going to be a big demand for athletic trainers, and the more diverse education you have (in your case possibly some kind of social science) the better.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I am almost done with school to become a personal trainer. However you can go to college and get and exercise science, or do kinesiology, or exercise physiology, or exercise psychology, there are so many degrees out there that could take you into your passion-especially with sports. I would start applying and go talk to a councilor about sports medicine or sorry, I cannot think of what it is called, but there are so many options out there. I want to get a nutrition degree when I am done and also go on, but I haven't decided what specific field of study yet.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yup! You want to do what I am doing now haha

Im going to be a sports dietitian :D
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Or physical therapist, just hope you get all girls in shape with sports injury :P
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I know my university offers programs in Health Sciences, Kinesiology and Food & Nutrition (and you can take combinations with majors/minors). I'm personally studying media, but hey. Enjoy the application process and good luck on everything!
  • Mayorga160
    Options
    Many thanks everyone!