Bodybugg

Options
Just brought a Bodybugg. So far I am loving it. Does anyone else have a Bodybugg, and what is your experience?

:laugh:

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Really liked it but could only wear it for about 2 weeks...the metal made may skin have a reaction!!! Now what to do with that thing since I spent a pretty penny on it?! :sick:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love mine... I am amazed at the calorie burn throughout the day --- by taking the stairs.... etc.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia version.....I have had it for about a year. I LOVE IT!!!!! I actually feel like I'm going through withdrawls when it's recharging, and I can't tell you the number of times that I forgotten that I'm wearing it and almost gotten in the shower......I did find it useful to switch up arms every so often. Do you have the display? Bluetooth version? Just the armband? I love the display unit (bought mine before they had the bluetooth option) It keeps me accountable all day long without having to take it off.......
  • yogreenlaw
    Options
    I can't wait to get mine I just ordered my Bodybugg and display unit a few hours ok so I am hoping it doesn't take too long to arrive, theres to hoping it helps motivate meet to get off my butt
  • rosybella9
    rosybella9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had one for quite awhile, but have only been wearing it the second go-round for a few days. I lost the digital display and became discouraged with the whole thing when I first bought it. This time around, I just do what I should be doing and see how it goes at the end of the day when I plug it in. I don't try to game the system by avoiding a workout because I'd walked enough steps ;)

Just an aside, you don't have to wear your bugg on your arm. Some people wear them on their calves. I wear mine sans armband on my left side under my bra band. I think it underestimates calories a little bit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing ;)

Oh and I would definitely recommend using MFP for logging food over their website. Their site is a little clunky. I usually just create a new meal and transfer over the total from here at the end of the day.
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    You will absolutely love it yogreenlaw !!!I do Zumba four times a week. I can now see exactly how many calories I am burning for each class. :bigsmile:
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for telling me about your experience everyone!!!! Keep on pushing and reach your goals!!!!!!:bigsmile: :smile:
  • smc_125
    smc_125 Posts: 26
    Options
    Do you need to have it on your arm? Is there other areas where you can put it? I've seen it before, but I haven't done much looking into it. Now that I'm on MFP and decided that I need to make lifestyle changes, I'm starting to think about the bodybugg to help me see how much I'm working, or not! Any words of advice?
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Do you need to have it on your arm? Is there other areas where you can put it? I've seen it before, but I haven't done much looking into it. Now that I'm on MFP and decided that I need to make lifestyle changes, I'm starting to think about the bodybugg to help me see how much I'm working, or not! Any words of advice?

I prefer the what is now the BodyMediaFit Version (used to be GoWearFit). BodyBugg and BodyMedia are both made by the same company. The BodyMedia version also tracks sleep effieciency and tracks the difference between moderate and vigorous activity. I bought mine a year ago, so Bodybugg might have changed since then. You can wear then on your calves......I find it more comfortable on my arm, but if I'm going out, and wearing a sleeveless shirt and pants I will switch up and throw it on my leg.