AFTER 9pm EATING(i have negative 684 calories for today)

Options
Hello,
My husband is cooking dinner for all of us now because they all ate lunch at like 2-3pm and we just walked...but I ate 1105 calories today and burned 1789...should I eat because I have so much negative? or is it too late at night? it is almost 10pm

Replies

• sewsimplykate
    Options
    I think it depends on how you feel. Are you hungry? If so then eat, if not then don't worry about it! I personaly don't think one day is going to hurt you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The late at night eating "taboo" has been pretty much debunked. A calorie is a calorie no matter at what time of the day you eat it. Eat to make up most of your calories for the day and enjoy it.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd at least eat something small, with a fair amount of protein some complex carbs to keep your metabolism fired up!! Maybe 400 cals?
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Because of my family's schedules, we never eat before 7:30 or 8 in the evening. It didn't cause me any problems last year when I was losing. I still lost 43 lbs. On the positive side, by that time in the evening, you know exactly how many calories you have left, and can easily stay within your limits if you want.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what time you eat. If you are excersizing you shouldn't have to worry. If you are hungry eat. Do not deprive yourself.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yep..you should eat! Your body needs fuel to keep up with that calorie expenditure from your killer workouts. You should have a deficit daily but not burning more during your excercise routine than what you eat...you have to consider that you are also burning calories on top of that from just living!! Great burns in those excercises !
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you can eat whenever you want.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    What in the world did you do to burn 1789 calories?!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess he is cooking mac and cheese lol Im in! havent had that in a long time. I normally never eat past 6pm because I go to bed before 8pm every night normally! I worked today and did a lot and I am kinda hungry to I will eat! Thanks again everyone I felt stupid to ask but I was like what the heck lol
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Don't Do it !!!. at least NOT CARBS that late .. Food is FUEL that prepares our body for Activity.. Not sleep .. It is ALWAYS best to go to bed on an empty stomach ... When your system is working on digestion of food.. it CANNOT properly prepare for a Goodnights rest, which is WAY more important then getting those lost calories in !!!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I walked the dog with the family tonight for over an hour.
    I did cleaning for 9 hours today(but didnt put that much maybe 3hrs)
    Walked for half hour and stood for a portion of my shift pumping gas for people.
    I do intense cleaning, lift heavy boxes, carry, stock, mop, sweep, take out trash, etc, etc...fun fun!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I wonder that too? I work my fanny off to burn off 400 calories.. Would love to know your secret.
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    Don't Do it !!!. at least NOT CARBS that late .. Food is FUEL that prepares our body for Activity.. Not sleep .. It is ALWAYS best to go to bed on an empty stomach ... When your system is working on digestion of food.. it CANNOT properly prepare for a Goodnights rest, which is WAY more important then getting those lost calories in !!!
    Well everyone else is right in this case I think because have a big deficit today and I am kinda hungry plus its infront of me..its only like 400 cals, but thanks!
  • Superdupermom
    Options

I wonder that too? I work my fanny off to burn off 400 calories.. Would love to know your secret.
    I like to do alot of cleaning and wii boxing too! that burns alot! DOG WALKING!