okay critique my food diary please ;}

Options
strapple
strapple Posts: 353 Member
i was afraid of doing this because im still pretty new HOWEVER i cant help but really want to see opinions
;}

things to keep in mind when viewing my diary and making suggestions:

~im lactose intolerant (i will eat some low lactose cheeses only, fat free cheddar for example. if you see ranch its been made with vegan sour cream)
~i have IBS
~i will eat beef but rarely since most red meat irritates my stomach greatly
~im 4'11 and 127 lbs
~i keep kosher, lightly (no pork or shellfish rabbit etc)
~i always prefer vegan alternatives
~family history of diabetes on both sides (i hate sweet stuff so sugar and desserts are not an issue with me anyways)
~family history of heart problems
~I HATE MUSHROOMS

lmfao obviously im a giant hot mess xD

but anyways go ahead and take a crack at me i can take it
so far ive lost 3lbs but i feel like i should be losing more with how much im working out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/strapple

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    First... its going to be harder for you to lose a lot at once since you don't have much to lose...

Also... stay close to 1200 cals daily... you need that much in general as a minimum...

Cut the redbull from your breakfast... that can not be helping your IBS....

Keep track of your sodium intake if you have a family history of heart problems...

Also keep up with the water intake...

Thats the best advice I can give... I hope it helps a little :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Try to up your calories to 1100-1200. Definitely add more protein (at least 60g a day) And replace most if not all carbs to whole grain varieties (breads and pastas).
  • LusciousLeaks
    Options
    youre over a lot on your sugar
  • shulce
    shulce Posts: 5
    Options
    You need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day. Otherwise your body is just going into starvation mode and holding onto all of those calories. I also noticed you rarely eat breakfast, which isn't a good thing either. You need to kick start your metabolism that way.
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    First... its going to be harder for you to lose a lot at once since you don't have much to lose...

Also... stay close to 1200 cals daily... you need that much in general as a minimum...

Keep track of your sodium intake if you have a family history of heart problems...

I agree with this, but I would definitely eat something more for breakfast.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    have to agree with the other posters. MORE WATER., more protein & more calories
  • strapple
    Options

im trying very hard to rid myself of the red bull but since i gave up all other forms of caffeine its kind of hard (today didnt count i totally earned that mr pibb xD)
    i hadnt really thought of the effects of the red bull on my ibs

i know it seems like i shouldnt be losing weight but ive been leading a very unhealthy lifestyle for a while now and according to my height i am still overweight. remember im only 4'11

i added sodium to the watch list. i didnt realize how easy it was to go over it! thank you
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Glad you're here.

First thing, cut the Redbull. Those are awful for you and dangerous. Sugar free just means more chemicals. No good.

Also, can you do some fruit in the morning? You seem (IMO) to be lacking in fruits and vegetables.
  • strapple
    Options
    youre over a lot on your sugar
    i just added sugar wow i didnt realize this. i thought since i dont like sweet stuff sugar wouldnt be an issue. oh goodness thanks!
  • strapple
    Options
    i totally agree that i need to roll my *kitten* out of bed in the mornings and actually eat breakfast xD

i can eat fruit as long as it isnt too acidy
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hi starapple

there is quite a bit of conflicting info on these boards, but i belive that you are not getting enough nutrients which will hinder weight loss. if you take out calories spent on wine, there are many days you fall well under caloric and nutrient goals. (i also enjoy wine and sometimes struggle with getting enough food-based calories)

i notice that you don't seem to eat breakfast (although this could just be a formatting glitch) - if not, perhaps that could help the metabolism.

i wish you luck with the process, and hope you get helpful feedback, you are brave for opening yourself up to so much opinion!
  • strapple
    Options
    thank you!

the main thing im taking from this is that i need to actually eat breakfast and im going to make a conscious effort to try to swipe out red bull for green tea or something much healthier
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i don't want to critique, because i'm still learning, too....but you need more breakfast and less red bull, lol! also, i love Mr. Pibb but can CLEARLY never drink it again after seeing it in print in your diary...MFP only allows me 28 grams of sugar per day, and your serving had 64 grams!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    and i can't really knock the red bull, because i always fall back on the sugar free red bull on my early mornings :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    and i can't really knock the red bull, because i always fall back on the sugar free red bull on my early mornings :)

My husband too. But it's just poison.
  • strapple
    Options
    i don't want to critique, because i'm still learning, too....but you need more breakfast and less red bull, lol! also, i love Mr. Pibb but can CLEARLY never drink it again after seeing it in print in your diary...MFP only allows me 28 grams of sugar per day, and your serving had 64 grams!
    HAHA

the mr pibb was a very rare treat to reward myself for losing 3lbs this week

believe me i treat it as a snack and work out hardcore to make up for it

i wouldnt ever drink it casually anymore xD
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are telling you to net 1200 calories. The rule of thumb is 10 calories per pound. So if your goal is 95, net 950 calories per day. People forget it's different for shorties (and the very tall).

I mean, you can try netting 1200, but numbers-wise, I'd say 900-1000 is better for your goal. Hope that helps.
  • strapple
    Options
    I don't know why people are telling you to net 1200 calories. The rule of thumb is 10 calories per pound. So if your goal is 95, net 950 calories per day. People forget it's different for shorties (and the very tall).

I mean, you can try netting 1200, but numbers-wise, I'd say 900-1000 is better for your goal. Hope that helps.
    yeah im def going to have more breakfast but idk if im gonna go all the way to 1200

generally i have my goal set at 1100 but i still like to work out at least a half hour a day and that brings my calorie total down