Low oxalate diet help?!?!?

Options
Hey everyone,
Hopefully someone can help me. I get kidney stones (calcium stones) and have to be on a low calcium oxalate diet. This is rough because I basically can't eatany nuts, berries, cured meat, most fruit or anything green. Any suggestions for healthy eating?

Replies

• mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I Googled low oxalate diet and this was the first web page that came up. Check out the others.

http://www.upmc.com/healthatoz/patienteducation/documents/lowoxalatediet.pdf
  • aavincen
    aavincen Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I know what I can't eat, I was just wondering if anyone had similar issues and had suggestions for meals or something like that. I feel like all the good food has been taken away. lol
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    try this one...

www.lowoxalate.info/recipes.html

nevermind, dont , it sucks.....

Okay, here is one recipe that didn't sound awful (to me anyway) Greek Pocket Sandwiches stuffed with

Hummus
    crumbled feta cheese
    1 cucumber
    1 tomato
    alfalfa sprouts
    tzatziki (sp?)

I wonder if maybe a mediterranean diet might be low oxocalic friendly? Sorry for poor spelling, tired.... there was also a suggestion for the Low Oxocalic Cookbook -2 which one reviewer said was very good, apparently it's available on amazon.com
  • aavincen
    aavincen Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks! That is really helpful and the recipe sounds pretty good. I will look into that. Thanks again!