P90x

Options
I really need to get serious about working out. When I start p90x how long before I start seeing results? Also I am starting it at novice level and at this point I am unable to do pushups although I am going to try my best to be able to get to awesome fitness level. Thanks for any and all input and I would love to hear all your success stories too! :)

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you push yourself through the workout, you sould start seeing results in about three weeks.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You will be making small changes daily. That's why it's important to take your before pictures then at 30/60/90 days. You'll have something to compare to. Trust me with working out that hard and eating clean (you have to follow the diet as best you can for the best results) you can 't help but to get results. The big changes come however in the last 30 days. Can you hang in there? I think you can. I've done 5 rounds of P90X, it's not easy but it's sooooo worth it.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    i started seeing results after a few weeks! Take pictures and measurements and stay off the scale. You will be amazed when you put the pictures up side by side.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary. The quickest way to failure is eating like you did today. You need to read the nutrition guide and eat more calories or at the least follow what my fitness pal set for you.
  • l23hornet
    l23hornet Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm currently at the end of week 4 and in the middle of week 3 i noticed a huge difference. Diet is a very important part of your workout.

The first week i was struggling to finish the workouts, even to the point of throwing up the very first day. But by week 3 I was able to finish the workout and had plenty of energy to do mush more afterwards. Stick with the diet and pushing yourself during the workouts and you will definitely begin to see results by the end of phase 1.
  • W0lfReaper
    W0lfReaper Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I just started week 5 of the my first round of P90x and I can definitely see a difference and so can my boyfriend. However, I do cardio workouts in the morning and then P90X in the afternoon/evenings as I don't burn enough calories (this is starting to increase as I get better at keeping up with Tony and team!). I started with Lean but switched to Classic when I realized I wanted more of the strength training.

I also agree that it is important to eat REAL healthy food. Its not easy as I was a Weight Watcher/Lean Cuisine girl for a long time and I've learned that is not good for my body. I still have one every once in a while (I sound like a reformed smoker!) but its rare. Instead I eat a LOT of chicken/fish/eggs/ and I drink the protein drinks after doing a second work out and its working for me! I'm still trying to figure out the balance but I do feel a lot more energetic and balanced.

Best of luck!