Ok tell me the good and the bad please

Options
I guess I'm posting this because I feel guilty...

Today I had no time for breakfast and didn't have lunch till 3:00pm . Went to Chilli's and had a Bacon Burger with fries which were so salty by the way. ranch and ketchup. Unsweeted Ice tea...came home tried logging the food without counting the fries it was bad enough...and all that sodium ..it was through the roof..

felt so sluggish and bad with my poor choices....that was followed by little emotional moment (thanks to boyfriend eerrggg) and had the urge to go buy some fried rice bc i needed something to make me feel better..the last thing i wanted to to was work out but....I got into my working gear pop that zumba dvd for 40 mins ..then onto 20 the 3o day Shred day 10 level 1..

I guess it was bad but then good..
What do you think about eating poorly and then working your butt off later?

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    You turned a bad eating day into a positive. You can have a day that is not completely healthy and still enjoy it. Sounds like you made a good choice just don't let it become a habit to often. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We all fall of the wagon from time to time. Don't let this discourge you and don't feel guilty. So you ate bad today, no biggie. You worked out and that was great. I'd try to squeeze in an extra workout or 2 this week to help make up for the calories if it was that high. One day isn't going ruin all your hard work.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as it's not a habit, it's okay when you have an off day.
  • Larode
    Larode Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We all blow it occasionally - that is how we got over weight in the first place, making bad choices. You cannot beat yourself up at any point - just keep moving forward and working on it....
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You can work off the calories (thank god!)

But you can't work off the sodium, carbs, fat, etc.

So it's awesome that you worked out after, I'm super proud.

But don't make that a habit.

The scale (and the measurements) won't budge at all that way.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i think you did great. it's hard to pull up from a downward spin down the comfort food way, and you did it! chalk it up as a success and start fresh tomorrow. it ain't no thang. :flowerforyou:
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I personally think that it's OK to have a mess up day every now and then... it's not going to kill you or really hinder your weight loss if you keep up with your diet after the bad eating day. Also, good for you for working out after! At least you are trying to work some of it off!! Just get back on the eating tomorrow!! Keep your head up and don't beat yourself up over it! :)
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    I think that as a daily thing it is definately NOT a good idea. But we all have our moments. Better to exercise after eating junk food then to do nothing! Just dont let it become a habit. Try & fuel your body with nutricious foods so that you arent tempted to grab high fat, high sodium convenience foods later. & when you hit that emptional eating zone, learn to recognize it & remove yourself from any temptations ie go for a walk or something.
    And remember, nobodys perfect!!
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies ...The weekends are just crazy for me . thank you for your support :)
    and that burger was not even that good :grumble: oh well ..:laugh: that's how we learn. thanks !:heart::flowerforyou:
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I agree with everyone else It does not help to beat yourself up! . We all have bad days and when that happens, we get back up and get back on program . This is not a diet but a way of life or at least it is for me. Its not about being perfect all the time but doing your best to make the right choices MOST of the time.

And, its a good time to figure out your triggers so that you can avoid them in the future. If I didn't eat until 3 in the afternoon I wouldn't have been able to stop eating once I started! I've learned not to let myself crash or the consequences could be ugly. Maybe that's the lesson for you, I'm not sure. But I love the MFP program because we journal about the choices we make and then we can see what worked and what needs to change.

Isn't it great that tomorrow is a whole new day? Enjoy!
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else It does not help to beat yourself up! . We all have bad days and when that happens, we get back up and get back on program . This is not a diet but a way of life or at least it is for me. Its not about being perfect all the time but doing your best to make the right choices MOST of the time.

And, its a good time to figure out your triggers so that you can avoid them in the future. If I didn't eat until 3 in the afternoon I wouldn't have been able to stop eating once I started! I've learned not to let myself crash or the consequences could be ugly. Maybe that's the lesson for you, I'm not sure. But I love the MFP program because we journal about the choices we make and then we can see what worked and what needs to change.

Isn't it great that tomorrow is a whole new day? Enjoy!

I agreed I I usually dont beat myself up about it but lately is becoming more of a problem ...so I had to confess and see what you all had to say...thank you !
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    We all screw up from time to time, but that doesn't make it ok. We need to acknowledge we screwed up and get back on track. It's not the end of he world....tomorrow is a new day!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    You can work off the calories (thank god!)

But you can't work off the sodium, carbs, fat, etc.

So it's awesome that you worked out after, I'm super proud.

But don't make that a habit.

The scale (and the measurements) won't budge at all that way.

i agree :)