Eating before bed?

Options
It is 10:30 at night and i am under my calorie goal but i am hungry.. i already logged a laughing cow cheese wedge that i have yet to eat.. can i go ahead and eat it before bed or is that a bad idea?

Replies

• theresaaugello
    Options
    eat!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's ok! I think it's just not a fantastic idea to eat a big meal very close to bedtime, a small snack will not sabotage your efforts :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Meeting your calorie goal will still help you lose weight, and sure staying under is even better, but definitely eat when you're hungry. I keep cucumber slices, sliced green pepper, and sugar free jello on standby when I've already eaten all of my calories but I'm STARVING! If you must, rice cakes (just one) with a big glass of water do an excellent job of helping you feel full. I wake up in the middle of the night hungry sometimes even when I meet my calorie goal, so having "free" foods (virtually no calories) to munch on really helps. Eat!!
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others... that wouldn't screw up your day. I almost always have some milk & a lc cheese before bed; I find it soothing. :-)
  • caesarslaw
    Options
    haha omg me and you both! i have around 100 calories left and I had a laughing cow tomato mozzarella light wedge yumm but now I want to maybe have a salad and snackies haha

we ALWAYS hear never to eat before bed ...so i've tried avoiding that. Did we find a legitimate source that actually gives advice on eating late night?
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    eat! I just had a small bowl of ice cream lol... its just meals that you shouldn't have... I would say anything that you have to take more than 5 minutes to make shouldn't be ate before bed! :)

enjoy the wedge! they're awesome!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Eat. It does not matter in any way if you have a meal before bed except for one, the food will still be digesting when you get up, so if you weigh in tomorrow morning the weight of what is left of the food will still be there.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eat and enjoy!
  • barneygoogle
    Options
    Don't do it!

That stuff's brutal before bedtime. Have some prime rib instead.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Eat! If you're hungry you should eat something, you will sleep better which in turn is better for weight loss.

I think the whole "don't eat before you go to bed" is because people generally eat dinner and then eat junk while watching tv before bed. I think the issue is more about what they are eating rather than when.

I often have something before going to bed and I haven't seen any negative impact. My only suggestion would be not to eat something heavy.
  • confidenceiskey
    Options
    if you're actually hungry then you can have a little snack. :) it won't screw up you efforts.