Hey everyone!

Options
So I might know a thing or two about wanting/needing to lose weight. What I don't know about is being open about my weight to others. About 4 years ago, I lost 100 lbs all on my own, and it definately WAS NOT easy by any means. But I was busy at the time and had a lot going on, so it kind of fell off with some good hard work.

For the past 2 years, I have slowly let some of that weigh return, and I feel worse about myself then I did when I started 4 years ago :frown: . Ive tried to diet on my own, keeping it a secret from others, but I dont think that is going to work. I know I need the support of others to start this new "adventure" and I am proud of myself for actually writing this today. I am so insecure with myself, that it causes me to not do things in life, and Im definately missing out. So, I am going to succeed this time, once and for all, with people who understand the way I feel.

So here I am, willing to make a change, and glad that Ive finally opened up! Good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I might know a thing or two about wanting/needing to lose weight. What I don't know about is being open about my weight to others. About 4 years ago, I lost 100 lbs all on my own, and it definately WAS NOT easy by any means. But I was busy at the time and had a lot going on, so it kind of fell off with some good hard work.

For the past 2 years, I have slowly let some of that weigh return, and I feel worse about myself then I did when I started 4 years ago :frown: . Ive tried to diet on my own, keeping it a secret from others, but I dont think that is going to work. I know I need the support of others to start this new "adventure" and I am proud of myself for actually writing this today. I am so insecure with myself, that it causes me to not do things in life, and Im definately missing out. So, I am going to succeed this time, once and for all, with people who understand the way I feel.

So here I am, willing to make a change, and glad that Ive finally opened up! Good luck everyone!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great site.
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anna_Banana. So have you lost all your weight using MFP? If so, how are you doing it?