Looking for a tasy recipe for 2, with chicken and zucchini

Options
Kirsty_UK
Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
Any suggestions? I'd quite like a single dish that includes the two, but happy to cook some carrots etc on the side with it, or add rice etc.

I'll have around 400 calories I think, possibly more depending on the gym at lunchtime, maybe have 600+ left.

Replies

• StefBeeney
    Options
    Check out www.eatingwell.com
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Dice up two chicken breast and saute in 2Tsp Evoo. Season with italian seasoning and garlic.
    Just as it get close to done, toss in two juliened Zucchini continue cooking until Zucchini is cooked to your liking then sprinkle with a couple table sppons parmesan cheese. If you have somne raw pine nuts you can roast them in a little Evoo and garlic then pat exces iol off and top with parmesan and sprinkle on top too.

each serving approx cals;
    Chicken - 230cal
    evoo - 60
    zucchini - 30
    parmesan - 30
    Pine nuts -???
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    How about some sort of curry? You could throw in some extra veggies, use the spices as opposed to any kind of pre-made paste and use some stock to bring it up to a good amount of liquid, if you reduce it down and add a little corn flour mixed into water to thicken if needed.
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/217832-peanut-sauce-noodle-chicken-bowl

here is a recipe i just made with both... although it made about 4 servings...(leftovers!)
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Last week I had grilled zucchini and squash with BBQ chicken. It was awesome. All we did was toss the veggies on EVOO and grilled them in an aluminum bread pan. After the veggies were done toss a little parm on it. As for the chicken, we seasoned it with papricka and pepper then grilled the chicken. At the end of the cooking process we added the BBQ sauce.

Easy and yummy!
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't get to the link from my work computer, but my absolute favorite chicken recipe EVER is from Gina's Skinny Taste (skinnytaste.com) and it's called something like "Asian Glazed Chicken "....Aaaa-mazing. Tastes better than takeout. I make that and then cut the zucchini into thin rounds, sprinkle with garlic powder and a little sea salt and put under the broiler.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can't get to the link from my work computer, but my absolute favorite chicken recipe EVER is from Gina's Skinny Taste (skinnytaste.com) and it's called something like "Asian Glazed Chicken "....Aaaa-mazing. Tastes better than takeout. I make that and then cut the zucchini into thin rounds, sprinkle with garlic powder and a little sea salt and put under the broiler.

Checked this site out & I love it! Thanks for sharing...everything on there looks so yummy!! I will definitely be making the Asian Glazed Chicken + much more from here. Thanks!
  • vdickens
    vdickens Posts: 11
    Options
    A few nights ago, I had some squash and chicken and was looking for some meal ideas. This is what I came up with: slice up zuchinni (I had summer squash too), dice some garlic and onion. I threw it in a saute pan with some Pam and after a few minutes added a can of no salt added diced tomatoes (garlic, basil, and oregano flavored) I sauteed the chicken and added it to that and served it over pasta.
    I liked it so much that I cooked it again without the chicken as a side dish. I think it is my new favorite.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    A few nights ago, I had some squash and chicken and was looking for some meal ideas. This is what I came up with: slice up zuchinni (I had summer squash too), dice some garlic and onion. I threw it in a saute pan with some Pam and after a few minutes added a can of no salt added diced tomatoes (garlic, basil, and oregano flavored) I sauteed the chicken and added it to that and served it over pasta.
    I liked it so much that I cooked it again without the chicken as a side dish. I think it is my new favorite.

I was going to give the same recipe. I sometimes put it over grilled eggplant and sprinkle 2 tbls of low moisture moz. cheese.
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Checked this site out & I love it! Thanks for sharing...everything on there looks so yummy!! I will definitely be making the Asian Glazed Chicken + much more from here. Thanks!

Glad you like it! Her website is awesome! I've tried about ten things and I've never been disappointed!