My first mental victory!

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
After having been super good for the last 2 weeks, it all fell apart this weekend. I didnt have an almighty binge but certainly didnt stay within my calorie allowance. However, I'm right back to it today which is a huge victory for me - my past experiences have always been 'falling off wagon' = 'goodbye to healthy eating for at least a couple of months'. So pleased with myself!!

Saying that.... I don't think I'll be weighing myself for a few days! :-)

Replies

• MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's great that You're back on the wagon! That is exactly the right attitude to have. I have no doubt that you can and will make it to your goal!
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Well done :drinker: I know it's hard getting back on the wagon but it feels better when you do!
    and the damage will not usually be as bad as you think :laugh:
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same this weekend! Not a binge as such, but 2 birthday meals out meant my calorie counting went out the window! Happy to say I've done the same as you and gotten right back on that wagon today :smile:

Well done you, and lets hope we can both keep it up!
  • rooboi85
    rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats Snowy!!

I always allow my self 2 cheat meals a week - usually on the weekend as thats when I find it hardest to keep a routine when I'm out of the office.

I also beleive that my having a over indulgance twice a week is a good mental aspect too - it's impossible to avoid all bad foods forever so by allowing yourself to have whatever you like for 2 meals a week only - in moderation you are making a lifestyle change rather than depriving your self which ultimately is setting yourself up to fail not succeed.

Plus if you know you can have the roast dinner with lashes of gravey on Sunday you might find it eaiser to say no to the office run to Maccas on a Thursday.

On a internal level i've read that by having an indulgence calorie intake confuses your bodys metabolic rate so instead of it slowing once used to you eating low cal food (takes about 5-6 days) it keeps on burning at a higher rate.

Hope it helps!

All the best!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Congrats! One of my friends on here told me, we never fall off the wagon, just sometimes run along side of it, then hop back in! Great job on getting back in.
  • maeve129
    maeve129 Posts: 1
    Options
    Love that, Run along side the Wagon lol. Did a bit of that myself this weekend too... totally over taking the wagon and waiting for it to catch up today though :)
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's okay to treat yourself on the weekend! And what's really going to make you successful on your weight loss journey is the ability to change old habits like "falling off the wagon" for extended periods of time. If you can have a bad day (or two) and jump right back into eating healthy and working out, you will do just fine! So congratulations on your new found self-discipline. A huge step in the right direction. Keep it up and good luck!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is great! I have also finally learned that one bad day doesn't undo all the good.... just call it what it was, ONE bad day and move on! You go girl!
  • snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your fantastic comments! Now I feel even more determined!! xx
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You really do have the right attitude. No way you can fail this way, it's success all the way!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    I love the running along side the wagon too - had a bad bad two days.

Free Hot Cross Buns at work - The tempation is just too much - cheesecakes and other sugary things - yes there nice but i can leave them but hot cross buns........... well my your not having any faded into just have one then oh one more you'll be fine.......

5 yesterday and 3 today :-(

Least I have the easter break now have to get back on the wagon lol
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The shame is not in falling down, but in refusing to get back up.

I WOULD weigh myself. For two reasons, really. First, to show what you actually did to the numbers (a learning tool.) Second, to see (if there is a weight gain) yourself fight on even knowing the results.
  • rooboi85
    Options

Free Hot Cross Buns at work - The tempation is just too much - cheesecakes and other sugary things - yes there nice but i can leave them but hot cross buns........... well my your not having any faded into just have one then oh one more you'll be fine.......

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    great work. keep it up.

it's worth it. and when you are plateuing, or feeling like you are going nowhere, keep on working hard and then it will all fall off when you least expect it.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

One of our son's is a baker and just brought home 3 dozen!!! I'll be a singing next to that wagon too "Hot cross buns, Hot cross buns one a penny two a penny Hot cross buns!!"
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    I've been off the wagon since just before Christmas, and in that time I've put back on around 10lb. However, I'm nowhere near back to my starting weight, so I'm happy with that. I'll NEVER be that heavy again - I won't allow that to happen.

I came back to MFP at the beginning of the week, just to start logging my intake again and see how things were going. I had no intention of starting to try and lose again just yet. However, I hate seeing red numbers at the end of the day, so apart from the first day I'm well and truly back on the wagon.

I've had a blip, and I can make excuses about it (the whole family has emigrated from the UK to New Zealand), but they would be just excuses. A couple of pound would have been acceptable for the transition period, but ten is just down to me being lax. I know I'll get there one day though... :)
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's great! I find now just being on the plan for 2 weeks that I know crave the healthy foods instead of junk food. My only weakness Mexican food.
  • rooboi85
    Options
    How do you get those tickers to count down your weight all I can get from the badges section is on that says how many lbs i've lost so charting my weight drop
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!