Did you stay on plan this weekend

Options
I just wanted to hear some advice from people out there- I thought I was doing very good staying on plan- working out every day a lot, doing really good- I've lost 6 lbs and was ecstatic- the problem is the weekends- I do really good until the evening- and then my husband puts out all of my favorite things like bread to dip in olive oil, special cheeses, olives, etc- and I end up losing it.

So on Saturday I said, "okay, once in a while it's okay to have these things" and I did- I didn't feel too bad about it- worked out hard on Sunday- then he put them out again on Sunday and I couldn't stop myself- no will power! I even had cake! So of course I get up and weigh myself today and am up 4 lbs since Friday- someone please tell me that is just water retention from eating crappy foods!

Here I am working my tail off in te gym- following a plan to the "T" then to throw it all away on the weeekends because I apparently have no will power- please share with me how you all changed and learned to get through those time! Especially if you havea a spouse that seems to tempt you like that???

Replies

• justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm very interested in the responses to this because I have the same problem.....weekends are weak ends for me....seems that I have no will power and gain all that I lost in the last week.....
    I'm trying to break the cycle and just get through a week end with out gaining.....even maintaining would be a plus at this point....
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    haha , erm.......... nope :glasses:

If you would have seen me wall, you would have quite clearly seen it too lol
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    bump.
  • LilBrat71
    LilBrat71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also have problems with the weekends... food & exercise. Since the majority of my exercise includes trail biking, it's hard for me to find the time on the weekends with the kids home from school.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    no :(
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know this is extremely unhealthy, and I'm not advising it to anyone as a diet means...

but on the weekends, if I know I can't eat good, I tend to not eat at all.
    Because I aim to stay away from these things, and I understand there will be temptation, I don't put myself in a situation where there will be.
    If I go out to dinner with someone, I will order a small side salad if there is nothing healthy on the menu.
    If I'm at a sporting event, I will grab a diet coke.
    I know it's awful, but it keeps me from overeating.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 weekends i have been haveing a few too many beers and food and been putting on or losing a little.
    Need to get it out of my head that i dont need to drink friday or saturday night every week.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 weekends i have been haveing a few too many beers and food and been putting on or losing a little.
    Need to get it out of my head that i dont need to drink friday or saturday night every week.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    And also, I have been losing an impressive amount of weight weekly.

And keeping it off.

The pounds are evaporating. :)
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    Stick to your diet 90% of the time, and for the remaining 10% allow yourself to “cheat”. So to put that into practice, if you allow yourself to go over your calorie restrictions once every 10 days (still stay at or below your maintenance calories) it will help your will power between those periods and it won’t negatively effect your progress.

Trying to be perfect will cause you to over-indulge.
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole box of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch this weekend--a big box. Obviously not on plan.
    But, fresh start today! And, I think I'll wait to weigh myself until tomorrow :)
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good question, sorry I don't have an answer because I seem to have no will power either. I hope to hear some good suggestions here as well.
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    not at all. had a takeaway :(
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I find if i weigh in on fridays i am still excited from losing and it helps me stay on track the weekend.x
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have the same problem, going for drinks with friends, dinner at other peoples houses, this is the worst as I don't want to be rude and not eat what they have cooked but also if I'm at their house all day I can't exercise!

At the moment I have the mentality that I don't have that much to lose and if its going to be a long process then I've got to still enjoy life.

Also I'm going on holiday this week and kind of feel that I'm not going to have a great deal of control over my food intake during this time so perhaps it would be good idea to slightly increase my intake over the next couple of days so the holiday isn't a great shock to my body and then get strict upon my return.

Will be interested to see how other people deal with this!
  • Smilks
    Smilks Posts: 4
    Options
    I know this won't be considered good advice or healthy either but I cut back a little bit further on my calories during the week to allow me to have that extra little bit of indulgence on the weekends. I have learned that I can't be good on weekends and I manage easily during the week so if i cut back a bit more during the week, any overeating at the weekend is balanced out.

It's the only way losing weight works for me - any other way and I steadily gain weight.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to have words with your spouse to be a little more supportive. You could try forcing yourself to enter those foods into your food diary as or before you eat them, that'll put you off!

But really, don't feel like you can't have nice things, you can, just in reasonable amounts. Portion some out into a bowl for yourself and then pace yourself eating that through the evening.

Last night my spouse asked me if I wanted to share a bag of chocolate buttons, and I said I wanted to enter it into my diary, so he weighed me a few out - in the end I had 6g of buttons! just 6g! but it was nice :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Are you entertaining on Saturday and Sunday? What is the prupose of putting the food out if it is just going to be you and your husband? Maybe ask your husband to only put out the food one of the two nights if it a ritual that you have or even just half the food that you would usually put out. When you eat from this self made buffett use the smallest plate you have or even better yet a cocktail napkin and once you have taken what you want step away from the table/counter and go sit down somewhere else. That way you would have to actually get up and move to the food to be able to get it, and when you are walking across the floor to the table you can think. Do I really need to have one more piece of bread with olive oil?
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    Funny - I came to the boards this morning to search on this very topic!!! I need some weekend tips as well - during the week my breakfast, lunch & snacks are eaten solo and I do just fine - but on the weekend - I am having these meals with my DH & two teenage boys & we end up not eating the healthiest foods - I don't want to put the blame on them as I know it is me & my lack of will-power - but it is SO hard!!! I have been over my calorie budget for about 5 weekends in a row now - I need help!!! =0)