IT'S INSANE...

Options
JesaGrace
JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
I bought INSANITY over the weekend....hope it gets here soon....Me and the twin are going to try to make through all 60 days....QUESTION...If I just eat as good as I have been on here the last few weeks, instead of following their eating plan....will I still see good results

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should still see results, but remember diet is 80% of the equation, so without following the plan you should not expect the same results as if you did follow the diet plan.

Doing a program such as insanity requires a lot of energy and the minimum suggested caloric intake while on the program is 1700 calories, so if you are below that level, you may want to eat more while on the program to fuel your workouts.
  • RockyBoy2
    RockyBoy2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Insanity is toughest workout! It will get you the results no matter what! But yes, if you want to get results which show faster I would suggest stick to their nutrition plans. I would suggest not looking at various advices provided at blogs as they mostly talk about getting supplements. So avoid that part! Eat healthy and always take post-workout shake that is a MUST! I am halfway thru with Insanity.
  • eshalliwill
    Options
    I've been through Insanity 2x and try to follow SOME of their eating tips. I eat 5 smaller meals a day and make sure I get plenty of protein. I put in the workout at Calesthenics Heavy and used that as my guide. I"ve lost a total of 20lbs, you will be fine!! Good luck, it is INSANE. We just got Insanity - Asylum and are a little afraid. :)
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    kick up the calories you will need the fuel. Keep it clean
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So far I've been just eating my regular stuff and doing Insanity and I've lost 6lbs. This is week number 4. I am not the best healthy eater by far so I probably could have seen better loss, however the bod is looking slimmer even if the scale doesn't say it just yet :) When I begin the second part in a couple of weeks I think I'm going to give the menu and stuff a shot just to see what happens. No harm in trying.

If you are new to changing your eating habits AND you are doing Insanity, I would say chill on eating by their guidelines and stick to MFP. If you are a vet with the eating thing, I say why not? Go all out. Good luck with it--it's murder. LOL
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    It is a tough program but as long as you are eating healthy and enough calories you should still see good results.
    Good luck and dig deep!
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OMG... Insanity will whip you into shape if you stick to it faithfully...
    If you are anything like me, you'll probably feel a bit hungrier than usual. You'll be burning quite a bit of calories, and your body will require more nourishment. I like to eat a bit more protein when doing Insanity and energy foods (avocado; peanut butter).

I'm currently mixing in P90X, Insanity and Zumba on my weekly routine and it's working marvelously.
    I don't really follow any diet plan, and still I see results. Of course, if you are diligent and follow the diet to the T you may see even quicker and better results.

I swear by the Insanity workouts. I'm not a beachbody coach or anything like that, mind you, but this program is truly an incredibly challenge. If you do the exercises with intensity and dedication you will see results.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is my second week of Insanity. I'm a picky eater, so i don't follow their meal plans. I also don't follow their 1700 calorie recommendation because I only burn between 300-350 calories per workout. I would highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor (I love my Polar FT4) and tracking your calories that way. Make sure to eat enough carbs prior to your workout so you have the energy to push through, and then follow it with plenty of protein. I drink a whey protein shake and eat a string cheese immediately following the workout and follow it with dinner such as chicken or fish. I can already see a difference between my "before" pics (taken the night before I started) and my "end of week 1" pics. You should be just fine.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice.....the reason I'm asking a lot of them is b/c neither my sister or I have a lot of money to go out and buy food a lot.....plus....I've been doing the healthy eating longer than my sister...it will be a challenge for her....her schedule is different from mine and I don't know how she would figure small meal throughout the day with her schedule......I have more time to eat small meals....it's just going to be a little different for both of us....I guess we'll see how each of us will have results...lol....
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm on week two, I've been eating 1600-1700 a day on this program and have lost 4 lbs already.
  • MissNewAttitude2015
    MissNewAttitude2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you will. As long as you are not going over your daily caloric intake and just eating poorly. My coworkers and I are on day 11 and we are starting to really FEEL the difference! Endurance is increasing in a major way! Good luck to you! Inanity is a beast but you will feel so proud of yourself after every session.
  • yvonnster88
    yvonnster88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start next Monday. Any tips?