Ready to lose the rest of the weight

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello everybody! This is my first day at fitness pal and I love it! Finding the food is ridiculously easy! I actually started a week ago and I've lost 6 lbs since then - that must really mean I was really stationary for awhile. I'm so excited to lose the weight that I'm willing to do all the right things and all at once. I've quit smoking and drinking for the past 3 weeks which I think was the best first step to take prior to starting my venture.

So, a little about me - - I've got two great kids, Brogan (1) and Quentin (3) and a wonderful husband. After I had Brogan by c-section I was determined to lose the weight! I went to the gym twice a day the last 2 weeks of my maternity leave and started running in the morning and going to the gym at night with hubby and kids. My husband ended up fracturing a bone in his right foot, breaking his left big toe and spraining his right ankle. This led to the complete stop of me going to the gym. He was at home on crutches - his boss picking him up for work everyday for a month and I would have to drop off the kids and pick them up from the babysitter's for months. It was a long day and very tough to find the energy to continue going to the gym and taking both kids. So, I stopped. Very depressing because at this point I could be closer to my goal or even AT my goal.

Now that 9 mos have passed, I'm ready to start again. I'm not sure why at this point it's really hit me that I'm still fat...but it has. I've been going to the gym, bought a Wii Fit and am able to run around my neighborhood - so, no more sedentary lifestyle for me. I'm ready to be thin and sexy...look out b/c here I come! HAHA! :laugh:

Replies

• lilscubagirl
    lilscubagirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everybody! This is my first day at fitness pal and I love it! Finding the food is ridiculously easy! I actually started a week ago and I've lost 6 lbs since then - that must really mean I was really stationary for awhile. I'm so excited to lose the weight that I'm willing to do all the right things and all at once. I've quit smoking and drinking for the past 3 weeks which I think was the best first step to take prior to starting my venture.

So, a little about me - - I've got two great kids, Brogan (1) and Quentin (3) and a wonderful husband. After I had Brogan by c-section I was determined to lose the weight! I went to the gym twice a day the last 2 weeks of my maternity leave and started running in the morning and going to the gym at night with hubby and kids. My husband ended up fracturing a bone in his right foot, breaking his left big toe and spraining his right ankle. This led to the complete stop of me going to the gym. He was at home on crutches - his boss picking him up for work everyday for a month and I would have to drop off the kids and pick them up from the babysitter's for months. It was a long day and very tough to find the energy to continue going to the gym and taking both kids. So, I stopped. Very depressing because at this point I could be closer to my goal or even AT my goal.

Now that 9 mos have passed, I'm ready to start again. I'm not sure why at this point it's really hit me that I'm still fat...but it has. I've been going to the gym, bought a Wii Fit and am able to run around my neighborhood - so, no more sedentary lifestyle for me. I'm ready to be thin and sexy...look out b/c here I come! HAHA! :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

glad to see another Virginian here!! In what part of VA do you live?

Good luck!
  • lilscubagirl
    lilscubagirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area. And you?
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Welcome:smile: and best of luck to you.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome and go KICK SOME @$$...... You can do it! I got 40 more to lose and IM DOING IT! Im not gonna give up.. I cant run like you cause its already to cold for me. Since Ive lost 40pounds Im COLD ALL THE TIME and now its cold outside I FREEZE! lol