30 lbs down I'm half way there!

Options
I bought an android phone and when I was downloading apps in the health and fitness section I found myfitness pal, I didn't really know what it was but I downloaded it and I'm so glad that I did! The first week of Feburary I decided to stop drinking mountain dew and mcdonalds sweet tea! The second week I started to eat right and count my calories (something I never did before) I would look at the package for calorie, fat, or carb content but never added them up throughout the day, I know now that this really is the key to success! And the third week I started exercising! I am so excited but starting to feel kinda weird too! I have lost 31 lbs out of 60 that I want to lose! My husband took me the other day to buy me new clothes, size 16 down from size 18! I am so happy about the weight loss and glad that I stuck with it! myfitnesspal has been my best friend! I also bought a bodybugg (it counts calories burned and steps taken, you may have seen one on the biggest loser), and I got a membership to a local gym! My sister is right behind me in her weightloss journey with 23-24 lbs lost and she has been my greatest motivator! I feel weird because my new clothes look like they belong to someone else, when I look down to put my pants on I don't have to hold them out as far, they look so much smaller!

I'm hoping to post pics soon (if my daughter will ever give me back my camera)! But if theres a day that you don't think you will make it, you will, if you think you can't do this, you can! I started with 3 goals of 20 lbs! I kicked one in the butt, and I'm 1/2 way through my second goal! I'm doing it and you can too!

Replies

• alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WD :)

GL for the other 30 ....
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am glad you found the app (I found it by accident as well) and am glad that I did. I have had other tracking programs on the computer in the past, but having a portable option helps me to make more appropriate choices in the immediate moment.
    Congratulations on meeting your first and being well into your second set of goals!
    Keep it up and you will be buying clothes again in no time! Kudos!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Great positive post!!!! I was looking for a steps counter on my android when I "found" MFP and discovered I could scan items for my food diary(awesome feature).....THEN I checked out the website and it has made a huge impact in my life and my journey for health! So much support (received and given) from peeps who are on the same journey and know exactly how/what I'm feeling.
    Here's to us! :drinker:
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. That is a massive loss, you must be so pleased. Keep up the good work and thank you so much for the motivation. I have lost my way over the past few weeks but am back on it today - you have inspired me - cheers!!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS...thanks for sharing...makes me think there is hope for me to get into a 16 in the next 10-15 pounds I loose!!!!!!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • paschtat85
    Options
    I can't wait to see your photo's.....So proud of you!!! I am a DIET Mt Dew fanatic and am down to one can a day...that's huge.....

I am so happy I joined MFP and heard of it from a good friend on facebook. Funny - I hardley go to facebook anymore and can't wait to log on and see how all my friends are doing on our weight loss journey/adventure. I am very thankful for my friends here and someday would love to meet in person....like a mini re-union in Vegas.

My Best friend and co-worker has also joined and we are both big girls...the funny girls and will lose this weight...I have 125 lbs and she has 145 lbs....I know that we will succeed with the help of MFP and friends like you.

A BIG HUG to you for your hard work, you'll meet your goal soon.....

Cherie' from Walla Walla, WA
  • Ginagee71
    Ginagee71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant, can't wait to see your photo's. These bugg things? are they good and are they expensive?

Thanks for sharing your success. :happy:
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Loved reading your story, it is great inspiration and a motivator for me! I was 235 at my highest and in the last 2 years have been able to drop 45+ lbs with 25 more to go. Keep up the good work! Congratulations!!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!