HRM Help...

Options
I am so getting an HRM for Christmas. I am looking at the Polar F6 & F11. I was wondering if y'all could help me with the differences between the two. I read a little and it seems as though the F11 is quit a bit more advanced. And, I LOVE the color of the F6. I want Tea Green.

Silly question...Do these HRM's tell time?

Replies

• majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am so getting an HRM for Christmas. I am looking at the Polar F6 & F11. I was wondering if y'all could help me with the differences between the two. I read a little and it seems as though the F11 is quit a bit more advanced. And, I LOVE the color of the F6. I want Tea Green.

Silly question...Do these HRM's tell time?
  • majic
    Options
    Bump...Help please! :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok HRM, just thought I'd give your thread a nice bump:flowerforyou:
  • jillb2727
    Options
    I know I am going to sound so stupid & naive, but can someone tell me exactly what an HRM does?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yes it also tells time. It has a timer on it, records your workouts, gives your a weekly sum and so much more!!!
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ditto ... what the heck is an hrm?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor. :smile:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    thank you :smooched:
  • majic
    Options
    Oh wonderful! I cannot wait to get mine!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Do they all tell you how many calories you've burned? Do you have to get one with a chest strap or can it tell the information just by using a wrist one? I want to get one but I want to know what to look for before I start researching.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Do they all tell you how many calories you've burned? Do you have to get one with a chest strap or can it tell the information just by using a wrist one? I want to get one but I want to know what to look for before I start researching.

yes, they tell how many calories...they are awesome!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

That's cool because I never know how accurate my exercise numbers are from machines or from the listings here. I'd like to get an hrm to know what I actually burn.
  • clewliss
    Options
    I bought the PolarF6 and I LOVE IT- I'm not into the advanced stuff, I just wanted one to count calories, tell exercise time, and real time pretty much and the Polar F6 does that and then some. I would have never lost as much as I have (and that's not that much) had I not got one because the machines I use was counting way over my actual calories burned. Also, you can enter your age and weight and that will also make it more accurate. Best investment in a long time!! I would recommend it. And the Polar F6 comes with the chest strap as well. You want that for accuracy!
    Good luck on your purchase!
  • clewliss
    Options

That's cool because I never know how accurate my exercise numbers are from machines or from the listings here. I'd like to get an hrm to know what I actually burn.

Well worth the $100 !!! Not to mention the motivation I found in knowing what I was actually burning!
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I had another HRM and recently decided to buy a Polar F6.

I used it at the gym and realized my other one was overestimating my calories.

I think the Polar F6 has everything I need on it. I got Pink Coral! But if you are a little more intense with your workouts I guess the F11 couldn't hurt!