Hobbies!

Options

Replies

• bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I like to go to the tourist areas of town and give people bad directions to areas where there are nothing but a series of dead end streets. I also like to tell people from the Midwest that it is perfectly safe to swim in the ocean, "hey look the surfers are all fine, nothing to worry about." (This also works on Germans and Tibetan monks)

HAHAHA! Awesome!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Knitting
    Photography
    Scrapbooking / card making
    Guitar playing
    Camping
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Hobbies... ummm

Knitting
    Sewing love making clothes when i have the time
    Essay writing for college (ok so not a hobby but all my time goes on that!)
    Shopping??
    Love to cook
    Love walking through the woods ect
    Spending time with my wonderful lil boy!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I like to do gravestone rubbings and take pictures of cemeterys.I havent been able to in awhile but as soon as I find some cool cemeterys around here I plan to start up again.
    I also love to read
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I like to go to the tourist areas of town and give people bad directions to areas where there are nothing but a series of dead end streets. I also like to tell people from the Midwest that it is perfectly safe to swim in the ocean, "hey look the surfers are all fine, nothing to worry about." (This also works on Germans and Tibetan monks)

LMAO
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Scuba Diving,
    Photography
    Reading
    Hiking
    Camping
    Skiing (when I used to live in Canada)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    soccer.
    hiking.
    snowboarding.
  • lindsschou
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for giving us something a little different to talk about!

I enjoy reading, sewing, knitting and have just started learning wool needle felting.

6584030.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    making soap and other bath and body items from scratch (www.themuddymoosebath.com.....I also have a fan page on FB...look up the muddy moose bath boutique)
    drawing
    camping
    needle felt sculptures
  • SFH58
    SFH58 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a photographer too! Feel free to take a look at some of my photos at PhotosByShaz.com
    Your tutus are too too cute ;)
  • crusinforlosin
    Options
    I show rabbits :D
  • robyn12770
    robyn12770 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Does anybody Geocache? I love to Geocache!! In case you haven't heard of it, here's how the website describes it....

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online.

If you want to know more go to geocaching.com. I'm addicted to it, I can't go anywhere without checking it see if there are any caches along the way....It makes hiking & road trips way more fun.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My hobbies include:
    Brewing beer
    BBQing
    and Reading
    I love them all!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Does anybody Geocache? I love to Geocache!! In case you haven't heard of it, here's how the website describes it....

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online.

If you want to know more go to geocaching.com. I'm addicted to it, I can't go anywhere without checking it see if there are any caches along the way....It makes hiking & road trips way more fun.

Tried it once, came up empty except for a case of poison ivy. Sounds like fun if you have more success.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite hobbies is making my adorable little niece adorable tutus! I just made one today after my workout while my little man was still sleeping! Feel free to check it out!

http://justpushingplayeveryday.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutus.html
    (one of my other favorite hobbies is photography, and I'm thinking might make blogging into a hobby if I get good at it)!

What are yours?!

Love the tutus. If your niece is so young, you have a lot of time before she starts to object. I love sewing too, but can't find the time to really spend on it.

Other favs: gardening and knitting.

Keep crafting!
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    can netflix be a hobby?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i'm yet another beader, i love beadweaving, bead embroidery, jewellery making using beads (can you sense a theme?) and i have dabbled in chain maille but not done any for a while
    my flicker and blog if anyone is interested
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskey9890/
    http://ruthies-rambling.blogspot.com/

i also like to read
    and i'm also a facebook junkie
  • robyn12770
    robyn12770 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The first few times we tried it we didn't use the right kind of gps...it makes all the difference. We bought one that was geocaching enabled and now we're hooked.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Reading. I'm a total book nerd
    Bicycling
    Motorcycling. I have my own but I'm selling it to just ride *****. It's safer for me.
    Hiking and backpacking/camping
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Nerd Alert!! I collect GI Joes.

Ted