You Can't or You Don't Want To?

Options
I'd though I'd share a Jillian Michael's quote today. Hope it motivates a few to keep trying and working hard! Results will eventually show up. :wink:

"When it comes to diet and exercise, I forbid you to ever use the phrase: I can't. I'm telling you, there's no such thing! There might be "I don't want tos," but there are absolutely no "I can'ts" from here on out. Why am I being so hard on you about this? Because I know you can! In fact, I promise that you can do anything you want in this life — if you want it bad enough."

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! One of my other favorites from her on the Biggest Loser is "You can quite when you throw up, pass out, or die". A little rough to use to motivate yourself, but it makes me laugh.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Thanks for that!! I LOVE HER ... she may be tough, but sometimes that is what people need! I think I may have a girl crush on her ... :blushing:
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. I NEEDED THAT.
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    I used to say "I cant jog for exercise. I m a big girl and dont have a runners build." Then I saw those contestants on biggest loser doing what I thought I couldn t while carrying more weight than me. Now running is my favorite thing to do! You could say I'm addicted. I m trimming down, way more in shape, and healthier. All because I said I CAN!:bigsmile:
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to say "I cant jog for exercise. I m a big girl and dont have a runners build." Then I saw those contestants on biggest loser doing what I thought I couldn t while carrying more weight than me. Now running is my favorite thing to do! You could say I'm addicted. I m trimming down, way more in shape, and healthier. All because I said I CAN!:bigsmile:

That's awesome!!! I am building myself up there too! Slowly but surely.

BTW Nancy, I think I also have a girl crush on her! LOL

She is tough but fantastic!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My soccer coach always used to make us run an extra lap if we ever said, "I can't" lol. It certainly broke the habit for me and seven years later I still repeat the mantra: "You can you can you can!" I just think of how much better I'll feel if I push myself that little extra bit. Or if I feel like I want to stop, I ask myself if I NEED to stop or if I can keep going. Usually the answer is to keep going!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Soooooo true, sometimes it hurts.