Turbo Fire......Give me the deets

Options
JennS19
JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
So I was up LATE on saturday night becaue I couldn't sleep. I saw the p90x informerrical while flipping the channels and then I stumbled accross the Tubro Fire one. I almost kept going but what I saw on the TV really interested me. The lady who designed the program, Chalene I think her name is, was jumping around on the screen to some great music and it looked like a lot of fun.

So, for those who have done Turbo Fire or are currently doing it I'm looking for your feedback. What do you love about it? What do you not like so much? Are the workouts long? Do you burn a lot of a calories when doing the workouts?

Give me the deets. :smile: Thanks so much :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have turbo-fired my way to almost a 30 lb weight loss. Its a lot fun - the music is great. Its a very well done workout program.

I followed her schedule at first, but now, I have picked my favorite workouts and cycle them in an out of my week without following a schedule. She is great!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump, i have p90x now but am debating on trying turbo fire. so i'm interested to see what other have to say. :smile:
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire since it came out last year. It is soooooo much fun, the music is awesome and you don't even feel like you are working out. It is high intense so the workouts range from 15 minutes to 60 minutes.
    I love that the music is amazing and it really keeps you moving. I don't think there is anything that I don't like about it.
    I burn a ton of calories and I really feel amazing after the workouts are done. They also have toning workouts so you can use resistance bands to tone your muscles.
    Really good program and I highly recommend it.
  • evanness
    evanness Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi!
    We're going to be starting Turbo Fire this month, so I haven't gotten to see what it's like yet, but I can guarantee you it will be a blast! We've done Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme (which are both done by the same instructor as Turbo Fire) and she is the best instructor I've ever worked out "with." She's very energetic and enthusiastic to the point that you can't help but get motivated to workout with her! And her programs definitely work. My mom and sister have lost over 30 pounds with the programs we've done so far!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Fire and LOVE it!! Chalean is very motivational and the music she plays is upbeat. there are a lot of kicks, jumps, in the regular fire classes, a lot of cardio, but she does have the sculpting , stretching, abs and core with toning, she has the HIIT workouts too in there. the Fire workouts are 45, 55 and 60 min long, but the time flies by and doesn't seem that long, the HIIT ones are 20,25 and 30 min. those are a one min high intensity workout with a min recover. she does the same routine 2xs each usually then one for 3xs.
    '
    I'm sure that the beachbody site has a clip of them so you can see more!

I do like them and have been doing it for 2 months now along with Chalean extreme (weight workout)
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love TF!

Lost the last 10 pounds I was looking to. You burn a ton of calories... I did it this morning and in 43 minuts burned over 400 calories.

What I love - the music, the moves (kickboxing and dance), the fact that it burns a ton of calories,

What I don't love - the hit workouts are not my favorite but they are short and do burn crazy calories.

The workouts range from 15 minutes up to 55. Plus they have toning and stretch dvd's. Let me know if you have any other questions!!! I highly recommend!
  • mitchet
    mitchet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Turbo Fire. i started with Turbo Jam, then went to ChaLean Extreme and now Turbo Fire (and Turbo Kick, her non-Beachbody version). i love them. great music, party atmosphere, and i love Chalene. I burn a ton of calories and always want to keep going.

i also love the different layers she has. you can follow the beginner modifier for less intense, or follow her for regular move, or others for ADVANCED moves. and the gloves add another dimension when you want them :)
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 6 of doing Turbo Fire and it's alot of fun. The music is awesome and Chalene gets you pumped up to workout. I lost about 6 pounds of doing it during the first 4 weeks so I highly recommend it to anyone.