Morning exercise

Options
Does anyone have any tips on getting motivated to work out in the morning? I don't have to go to work until 9, so i have plenty of time to get a good thirty minutes in (at least). Thing of it is, I am NOT a morning person at all! If i know I can sleep until eight... I will. I would love to make a habbit out of working out in the morning. When I have been able to get my butt out of bed, it makes a HUGE difference throughout the rest of the day.

Help!

Replies

• ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on getting motivated to work out in the morning? I don't have to go to work until 9, so i have plenty of time to get a good thirty minutes in (at least). Thing of it is, I am NOT a morning person at all! If i know I can sleep until eight... I will. I would love to make a habbit out of working out in the morning. When I have been able to get my butt out of bed, it makes a HUGE difference throughout the rest of the day.

Help!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have never been a morning person so I know if I can somehow motivate myself to go in the mornings then it can be done. I go to the gym usually by 5:15 for an hour or so. I've been going steadily 5 days a week for the last 3 months but I'm going to need extra motivation once it turns colder, I can tell. Really the motivation for me is already having the workout done for the day and hopefully seeing a difference in my clothes and/or on the scale. I really do have more energy during the day, but I am so tired by 9:00 or 10:00. Good luck, you can do it!!
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Go to bed an hour or two earlier, the saying is that every hours sleep before midnight is worth two of an hour slept after midnight. For me it holds true.

Force yourself to get up early for a couple of weeks and then it becomes more natural to wake up earlier, and subseqeuntly to go to bed earlier.

And you could try sleeping with your curtains open, if the sun rises early enough where you are that is. I find its nice to wake up to the natural light, the sun rising slowly rises you to consciousness without that horrible shock to the senses that alarm clocks bring.

Also it helps if you have something to look forward to to get yourself up - when I have a good breakfast waiting I always want to get up!