Cant seem to lose weight!

Options
I do the Insanity program, 4-5 days a week, 11 days & I will be done with the 60 day challenge. I have actually gained 5 pounds on the program! I eat right, always try to stay under my 1200 calorie goal everyday! I never drink anything else besides water...I really thought I was doing everything right, so why is the # on the scale creeping up instead of going down??? :huh:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    That my be your problem. According to insanity's diet plan the minimum amount of calories you should be eating is 1700/day, if I remember correctly.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Your gaining muscle maybe?
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to know this as well. I've been doing P90X for 6 weeks now and the scale has not gone down...in fact, it is going up as well, my clothes are not fitting any loser....and I eat at least 1500 calories a day.

I feel your frustration!!!
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    Thank-You AKosky585!! Finally somebody that gets it and knows what I'm dealing with!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Thank-You AKosky585!! Finally somebody that gets it and knows what I'm dealing with!

I am doing Insanity as well and at 5'2 140lbs I'm eating 1700 calories a day. Doing Insanity you should be eating WAY more than 1200 calories a day. You are burning 500-600, so you are living off 600 calories a day. Not good. I started my 1700 calorie diet (up from 1200) last week and lost 4 lbs!
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    How far into the Insanity program are you?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm on week 2 month 1. I was at a standstill for a long time after doing a 1200 calorie diet for about 8 months. Once i increased to 1700 and started insanity those 4lbs melted right off.
  • raptoradaptor
    Options
    Try to put 1 day in the week where you eat more than normaly.. I've been told if you are on a diet with very low kcal's your body actually start to save everything it can to remain the homeostasis... so if you eat a little more once in a while you will keep your combustion on a higher level. If you always eat very few your combustion will reduce (thats also why everyone seem to recomend small meals regulary).. I don't know if it will solve your problem, and i'm not an expert or anything.. but thought I would share anyway :)
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Your gaining muscle maybe? " Nope. A pound is a pound, whether it's a pound of fat or a pound of muscle. Basic laws of physics. A pound of fat just takes up more room than a pound of fat. At least that is my observation.

Not sure how many calories you are consuming or how much you are exercising, but there is an imbalance with intake vs energy use.

Is there a difference in the way your clothes fit?
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    I'm on week 3 month 2...These workouts are literally kicking my butt and it doesnt get easier even though this is my second time doing the program. I havent lost weight but my muscles have gotten bigger and I feel better about myself, both emotional and physically.