Burnt out

Options
I run and lift weights 6 days a week. Upper body 3 days and lower body 3 days. Sometimes I take 2 days a week off instead of one due to being tired.

Please tell me how to break up my weight lifting routine and still get all body parts covered succesfully in a week. I do 3 sets of 12-15 and lift to fail.

Replies

• burnguru25
    Options
    I am guessing you are more focused on muscle building than dedicated cardio? Reason I ask is that perhaps adding a bit of cardio specific exercises could change up your workout?
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    I am a carido junky....I love running and so I do get enough cardio.......I just need to know how to break up my weight lifteing routine to get all body parts lifted enough in a weekl
  • burnguru25
    Options
    Have you looked into specialty exercise classes at your gym? My wife is a Cross Fit junky and her plan changes frequently to incorporate running with strength building and cardio.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well, typically you want to avoid working out the same muscles groups in a day because you'll only ending up tensing them even more.
    Before I started P90X, my routine was rather similar to the P90x version.

About 30 mins of cardio everyday
    Mon - Shoulders, Chest and Back
    Wednesday - Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders
    Friday - Lower body.

You want to start working out from the larger muscle groups to the smaller muscle groups.