another newbie here w/ ?'s

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi All!

I just joined last week & am having some troubles. First of all, it seems like the calories "allowed" here are high compared to other advice I've been given. I haven't lost even one pound yet & am getting frustrated. I have low thyroid (taking medication to keep it in "normal" range) & am currently taking an antidepressant (plan to talk to my Dr about that in a couple of weeks). I have been exercising at least 5-6 days per week & keeping my calorie intake & all under my goal here, but to no avail. I've been pushing myself to exercise harder than ever before & watch my fat intake, but nada...Any advice? I really wanted to lose about 20 pouinds before my b'day in 4 months as my first short-term goal to losing a total of 90 pounds.

Thanks all! Nice to meet you!:heart:

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    You may want to open your diary so we can see if we can help with suggestions.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have only been doing this for a week... it does take time sometimes for it all to kick in and lbs to start coming off. If you give it a month and still aren't seeing any results, I would first talk to my Dr. Don't worry :smile: ! also, the meds may make it more difficult to lose weight...
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome,

I too take medication for an under active thyroid ... for the last 35 years ... guess that makes me 58! I have also taken anti depressants in the past and many of them do cause a problem with weight gain.
    If you thyroid tests are normal, than you are getting enough medication to make up for the deficiency from your own thyroid.
    You also are at an age where the monthly hormonal cycle can cause shifts in fluid balance, etc.

What do you have your calorie intake set at?

Keep up posted.
    Cheers!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tcfrancois
    Options
    SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR STRUGGLE. SOMETIMES WITH MEDICATION WEIGHT LOSS CAN BE MORE CHALLENGING ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH THYROIDS. I WOULD SUGGEST LETTING YOUR PHYSICIAN KNOW ABOUT THIS. IF YOU ARE DOING ALL WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE DOING THEN EVENTUALLY YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks all! Didn't even realize that I could change my settings to track even more. Changed to track sugar too & BINGO! The "all natural" granola I'm eating is high in sugar & I didn't even realize it! :noway: Also Lactaid skim milk is pretty high in sugar content I guess because they add lactase enzyme which is used to digest lactose (a sugar)? Will have to watch that more closely!

Thanks for the support! It's nice to meet you all & to spend this weight loss/fitness journey with you!:heart: