Bringin sexy back

Options
Call me strange but I've always had a thing about nice backs, I've looked at slim, toned women in backless dresses and felt envious. Even when I was slim I still had some plumpness to mine :( can anybody suggest some exercises for toning the back, without adding bulk to the shoulders?

Replies

• RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To bring sexy back, you need to bring sexy everywhere :-)

You can't spot train any particular part of the body. You gotta burn fat all over your body. However, you can incorporate strength training exercises for the back, which will help you burn the fat and tone your muscles up without making you look masculine.

A list of some of the exercises
    http://www.bodybreak.com/fitness_Strength_Training_Exercises_Back.php
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Micheals videos for that. I've seen great results in only one round of the 30 day shred in the past. I am currently working on the RIpped in 30. Lots of reps at lower weights will get a leaner more toned look i believe (no expert here).
  • KaraHB
    KaraHB Posts: 9
    Options
    I've lifted weights all my life, nothing has toned my back up like using a kettlebell.
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    I did P90x (but sadly reached only 60days). However, i have seen nice change in my back. I did exercises with a resistance band and weights. Also, swimming is excellent for back muscles.:wink:
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I hear a lot of mention on this site about P90X, 30 day shred etc and have no idea what any of them are, I'm guessing they're big in the states, but in the UK not so much...
    My gym does a kettlebell programme which I've been considering for a while :)
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ok, just Youtubed 30 day shred - hard core! I can see that working lol