Feeling a tad frustrated!

Options
Since having my 2nd child and living with my in-laws (where my mother in law does all the cooking), I've weighed the most I've ever weighed!
I thought that if I just went to the gym things would fall back into place like they did after my first lil one...
But no!
I'm not losing enough, or hardly at all.
To be honest I don't want to give up eating everything I like. I'm trying to limit sweets and such for the weekends and I did good for two weeks. Now, I'm struggling again.
I really don't know, I made a workout schedule tonight but I just feel like a failure!

I don't know why this has to be so darn hard!!

Anyone have some advice, and nothing complicated...I have two children and I don't have time for any complicated dieting tips!

Thanks for listening!!

Replies

• stephanieo78
    Options
    Since having my 2nd child and living with my in-laws (where my mother in law does all the cooking), I've weighed the most I've ever weighed!
    I thought that if I just went to the gym things would fall back into place like they did after my first lil one...
    But no!
    I'm not losing enough, or hardly at all.
    To be honest I don't want to give up eating everything I like. I'm trying to limit sweets and such for the weekends and I did good for two weeks. Now, I'm struggling again.
    I really don't know, I made a workout schedule tonight but I just feel like a failure!

I don't know why this has to be so darn hard!!

Anyone have some advice, and nothing complicated...I have two children and I don't have time for any complicated dieting tips!

Thanks for listening!!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    There is no secret dieting tip that will help you lose weight, just portion control and physical activity. While a lot of people, like me, find that just not eating junk completely helps them it may not be for everyone. Some people find that by completely forbidding their favorite foods it makes them binge on them when they can actually have them.

I am in grad school and my cousin and her husband cook A LOT for me. I love it because it is really good free food but I really need to watch how much I eat. I live in Sweden and there is no such thing as skim milk and cooking without butter or oil is completely unheard of so I really try to watch it. I eat really slowly and in small portions, making sure that I am never totally full.

You can do this!!! Don't give up on yourself! You have already shown enough courage and determination to start so you are halfway there! Just think about what you eat at every meal/snack and it will help. We are all in this together! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    First off lets start by taking out the word diet, this is a way of life. I understand about the in-law because when i was married I swear my mother-in-law wanted to turn me into a blimp actions1.gif (hispanic household all they want to do is feed you but I'm the same way :laugh: )

Have you considered making dinner with her and/or going grocery shopping with her? I know sometimes that can be hard because we get set in our ways but if you show her that there are healthy alternatives that can be a start.

Here are a few questions for you:
    - Are you Honestly tracking what you eat
    - Are you incorporating at least 30 min of cardio (walking, jogging, etc)
    - Are you watching the portions you are consuming
    - Are you expecting to lose weight fast
    - Are you eating less than 1200 calories per day

Healthy weight loss is about 2 lbs per week, eating at least 1200 calories per day. Eating less than 1200 calories per day will cause you to initially lose weight but you will put that back on with friends. Your body will assume you are starving and it will horde every calorie you eat. Weight loss is a slow process don't rush it and remember just because the numbers on the scale are not gonig down doesn't mean you are not shrinking. Take your measurements at least every two weeks and you will see some changes there. Don't be a slave to your scale. You can improve your weight loss by making sure your exercise and incorporate some stregth training as well.

Don't deprive yourself the things you like but instead try to find alternatives. When we can't find find healthier alternatives utilize the suggested servings. Simple changes you make that will enhance your weight loss along with everyone in the family benefiting from a healthier menu.

Last but not least our age does play a part in weight loss. I'm 41 and I started here over one month ago to date I have lost 12 pounds and over 5 " all over; I feel awesome. My clothes are fitting looser and everyday I'm getting closer to my goal. Don't give up, you can do this.