A question for people who were in Starvation mode?

Options
Hey. :tongue:
Quick question for those who's body's were in starvation mode.
- Did you find the weight shifted easier after getting out of S. mode?
- How long did it take?

I acidentally put my body through S mode. (I was eating between 900-1100 cals every day. Not much but it made a terrible impact. I know, I'm a dummy. :laugh: ), I'm not expecting the weight to shift like magic, just wanted some feedback.
I plan to get out of S. mode either way. :tongue:

thanks.
x

Replies

• miss_layla
    Options
    Hey. :tongue:
    Quick question for those who's body's were in starvation mode.
    - Did you find the weight shifted easier after getting out of S. mode?
    - How long did it take?

I acidentally put my body through S mode. (I was eating between 900-1100 cals every day. Not much but it made a terrible impact. I know, I'm a dummy. :laugh: ), I'm not expecting the weight to shift like magic, just wanted some feedback.
    I plan to get out of S. mode either way. :tongue:

thanks.
    x
  • msblondy16
    Options
    I also put myself into the S mode by eating only 1000 cals a day and then exercising for at least 60 minutes a day and not factoring those cals into what I ate :embarassed: . So not good...

I have now been eating more for a little over a week (after seeing the scale go UP) and have not weighed myself since. I am trying to avoid the scale since I hate how it dictates how I feel for a whole day. BUT I do feel much better and it is really nice to not go to bed starving every night. I will say that I have done this starvation thing many times in my life to lose weight and it did work but was very temporary and I never lost as much as I wanted. So I am trying to eat more and see if it works.

Good luck to you! I find it is a struggle to eat all of my calories every day, but it is possible. You will get there! :smile:
  • fit4fun
    Options
    Oh My Goodness! I was in Starvation Mode for 2 months, and was so frustrated that I was working so hard at the gym and eating so healthy and no more weight was coming off. I thought it was a plateau, and was so frustrated, I was telling friends at the gym. A couple people told me, "You're not eating enough!", so I hired a dietician, who introduced me to MFP. When I discovered that I could eat back my workout calories, I nearly passed out! I was so excited. I went right back to losing 1-2 pounds a week, and did so until I reached my goal. Good luck! Happy Eating!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I think that's where I've been - not purposely. I am working my calories back up - added about 200 yesterday-it was easy enough with almonds and a slim fast snack bar.

I have been losing but been very dizzy and I think I was starving! We'll see if it gets better.

Good luck miss_layla.