How long did it take YOU to lose 30lbs +

Options

Replies

• Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    Been trying to lose weight since Jan. 2. So it has took be a little over 3 and a half months to lose 52 lbs. And no I did not get gastric or any other surgery.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I started on here the first week of January and just lask week I hit 30 lbs. So....about 3 1/2 months.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I'm hovering around 30lbs loss and should be there by the end of this week. It's taken from January 3rd of this year to now to get here. I wish I could say it was all the doing of MFP but the hard work is mine. You have to want it, MFP helps you get it.
  • SWEETNESS60
    SWEETNESS60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared or undermine yourself... stay positive and focused...I believe you can and will do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today!!! I hit -31lbs this morning. I started the second week of january so like just over 3 months. Im so super pumped!!!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started my weight loss through Weight Watchers (I still have a subscription) I only recently added MFP to the mix. I started losing weight Jan 10, 2010 at 228 lbs....I got down to 198 lbs by April 18, 2010. So around 3 months.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 9 months to lose 30 (technically, I'm still at 29.8 lbs lost even though my ticker rounds up). I track it on excel, and that's about 0.8 lbs lost per week. I started MFP in January sometime, and that helped get me through a long plateau. I'm envious of those who've taken considerably less time. Weight never comes off me quickly or easily.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30 in a month. I lost my second 30 in a month. I did not use this site to do it.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    I've lost 28lbs in 2 months... almost 30 now!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    How did you do it? How many cals? How much exercise?
  • poohpasmommy
    Options
    I've lost 28lbs in 2 months... almost 30 now!

Seems like too much too fast. Are you eating all that you should and exercising or starving yourself? (Not insulting you. Just want you to be healthy so that you can maintain your weight loss).
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on this site yet, I hadn't found all you wonderful folks just yet ^_^...My first thirty came off by surprise...I had gotten diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so I went on a low sugar diet and twenty pounds just disappeared in about a month...to lose the next 35 pounds I joined a gym and started walking everyday and it took me about 5 months to lose, but that includes the the holidays when I completely lost my mind and fell off the wagon, luckily I didn't gain any weight back...now I've joined MFP to get my weight loss back on track!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Using MFP, it took me about 11 weeks to lose 30 pounds. Tomorrow will mark 17 weeks on the site for me, and my loss is up to 43.4 pounds.

I have not missed a day of logging onto the site since I started on December 28, 2010, though there have been a few days where I haven't logged food (but fewer than 10 days fall into that category). I have a NET goal of 1,200 calories each day, and I am a firm believer in eating back exercise calories. I've only been over my net goal a few times. Also, I do around 8 hours of cardio each week.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Took me 6 months to lose 15lbs... been doing P90X Lean and doubled it up with extra cardio on the elliptical for the past 2 months to help speed things up.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    2.5 months.....
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    About 6 months and I used MFP for most of the time. Those 6 months also included the winter holidays so I might have done it a little faster but who knows.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I joined and started tracking on Jan 3 of this year. I am 3 lbs away from my 30 lb goal! So I'm gonna guess 4 months.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i started jaunary 1 and i lost 29 lbs and i love this sight.my last 4 weeks i was stuck with no weight loss.i was not eating all my calories everyone get stuck make sure you eat all your calories and good luck.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I started jan 15th and have lost 37lbs
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i started jaunary 1,2011 so about 4 months it took me and i dont think i could of done it with out this sight.been on to many diets that dont work but this one is a winner.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!