Will this never end?

Options
JellyJaks
JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
I posted a few days back about my obnoxious neighbors and now the situation is completely out of hand. They were up blasting their music at 10:30 last night loudly enough that I could hear it over my own tv. They woke me up at 7:30 this morning allowing their children to run from one side of the apartment and back over and over again...Now both of my children are awake earlier than they normally are because of the noise and I'm so strung out from lack of sleep I don't know what to do.

My husband went down to talk to the landlord this morning and her gem of advice was "well all I can do is talk to them" in a tone that sounded like "you'll just have to deal with it" We were warned when we moved in that the walls were thin but this is ridiculous! I was on Skype with my bestie yesterday and she could hear them THROUGH MY COMPUTER!

Anyways I just need to rant for a bit to get all the hostility out of my system. Advice is welcome and thanks for reading if you made it this far :smile:

Replies

• bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for you to talk to the neighbors, or are they not very friendly? I know they're rude, but maybe they don't know how loud they are. I mean, be polite about it, you don't want to make them angry and make even more noise lol.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to them?

If you have, then I say do it back xD

My neighbor used to park in my parking stall next to the apartment door all the time so I couldnt Even though the landlord gave me that one. I was on crutches too! Haha and I talked to her about it and she was a total ***** and kept it up even after the landlord told her she needed to move. She just refused. SO one day I parked behind her and refused to move. She missed work and yelled at me xD I told her if she did it again I would keep my car there for a week.

revenge can be bad. But eh who doesnt like it once in a while as long as it doesnt bite you in the *kitten* xD
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sorry about loud neighbors, I know how that goes. Like someone else suggested maybe talking it over with them (which isn't always easy). We lived in a complex and had to call the police on the people behind us at least twice, once was loud loud music way into the night, and the second time sounded like they were building a new bedroom or something. Check the fine print in your lease about noise complaints. Ours had a thing about complaints 3 times and you were done, maybe there's something kind of close? Good Luck!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ugh! As an apartment dweller since my college days, I can totally appreciate your frustration. It just adds another layer of stress to your day that you just don't need.

Are the noisy neighbors nice people at all? I don't really know my apartment neighbors and a lot of us don't know our neighbors. I wonder if they have any idea just how loud they are.

Sorry to hear about that. Good luck! Hope you get a little rest.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Our ghetto neigbor across the street ist causing a lot of trouble. He sometimes stands in front of his house and yells at all the neigbors or has a fight with his family. So we keep calling the cops on him. I think, the landlord is about to kick him out of the house now, because of all the trouble with the cops. But your landlord doesn't seem to be very supportive. So just keep calling the cops. Maybe it gets on his nerves after a while to deal with that.
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    We've tried several times to talk to them but they won't answer the door. My husband (who's much more level headed and able to talk without yelling when angry) staked out their door to catch them when they left and they still avoided him...

I finally had him go down and tell our landlord that they woke my boys up and I wasn't playing anymore. If she didn't do something, I was going to take further action. All of a sudden she's taking notes and actually listening to my husband...yeah we'll see. I don't make idle threats. If it continues, I'll call the cops and really make their lives a living hell.
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    Have you talked to them?

If you have, then I say do it back xD

My neighbor used to park in my parking stall next to the apartment door all the time so I couldnt Even though the landlord gave me that one. I was on crutches too! Haha and I talked to her about it and she was a total ***** and kept it up even after the landlord told her she needed to move. She just refused. SO one day I parked behind her and refused to move. She missed work and yelled at me xD I told her if she did it again I would keep my car there for a week.

revenge can be bad. But eh who doesnt like it once in a while as long as it doesnt bite you in the *kitten* xD

I totally LOLed. Sometimes you just have to be a complete jerk to a person so they get a taste of their own medicine. A few of my friends have suggested things like itching powder in their mailbox and putting bologna on their car to make myself feel better. If I didn't have children I had to set an example for (or a huge aversion to bologna) I might take them up on it :laugh:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you had killed them....:huh:
    Well, we wouldn't be having this thread then would we?
    :laugh:
    Ted
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're right. I soo should have just taken your advice.