good tasting breakfast or protein shake??

Options
I would love to find a good breakfast shake that is not loaded with sugar.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• Kathy11174
    Options
    Tofu with skim milk and frozen fruit or a whey protein powder with skim milk fat free plain yogurt and frozen fruit. I actually use a slim fast (generic version) powder with 1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt, 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup of frozen strawberries/blueberries. If it is not sweet enough for me I will add a splenda to it!
  • zenchik115
    zenchik115 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb's products...the label even says the best tasting protein on the planet...I would agree...His Whey protein has 110 calories 25 g of protein and 0 sugar... I blend it with some fruit to make a smoothie or peanut butter....but it is great on its own too...
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I really like the Special K Protein Shakes. They are cheap and good! lol. I'm not a breakfast person, so I have one for breakfast.
    Kim
  • mia_1980
    mia_1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hmm special k protein shakes? that seems like an easy find
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb's products...the label even says the best tasting protein on the planet...I would agree...His Whey protein has 110 calories 25 g of protein and 0 sugar... I blend it with some fruit to make a smoothie or peanut butter....but it is great on its own too...
    Never heard of Jay Robb. so Thought I'd look it up. That stuff is very expensive compared to other protein powders. $27 / 1lb

On average I pay $10/lb for Dymatize Elite (5 lb tubs) - each scoop. - 24grams protein 0 sugar per scoop.

I thought this was expensive after reading last week that Walmart USA, has 2lbs for approx $15-$16 ($8 / lb)

I went to Walmart(Canada) this weekend and they have 2lbs for $26($13/lb)
  • zenchik115
    zenchik115 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Jay Robb. so Thought I'd look it up. That stuff is very expensive compared to other protein powders. $27 / 1lb

On average I pay $10/lb for Dymatize Elite (5 lb tubs) - each scoop. - 24grams protein 0 sugar per scoop.

I thought this was expensive after reading last week that Walmart USA, has 2lbs for approx $15-$16 ($8 / lb)

I went to Walmart(Canada) this weekend and they have 2lbs for $26($13/lb)

I looked up the dymatize you mention... It does have 0 sugar... but Jay Robb has no fat or cholesterol and has no artificial flavors, artificial sweetners, no acesulfame-k .... Yes it is a little more expensive, but I would rather pay a little more than keep putting over processed stuff into my body... Lots of protein mixes(the dymatize doesnt look like it does...) add aspartame and sucralose and I get migraines from that...probably not a sign the product it helping me :)

Just a personal preference...to each their own
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    Synrha 6 vanilla ice cream,,,,mixes well with water....tastes great......and easily digests.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife products, and have since June. I love the shakes in the morning. I also add a Greek yogurt to them for a boost in the protein!
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    do they sell special k protein shakes in canada?
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Make your own using whole, non-processed ingredients.
    non-fat yogurt or other dairy of your choice.
    pasturized egg whites (In the market find them near the eggs in small cartons)
    any combination of fruit (fresh or frozen) A frozen banana (peeled and wrapped in saran wrap, into the freezer the night before) will make the shake thick and smooth.
    Put in a handful of baby spinach...it disappears and has lots of vitamins.
    For heatlhy fat, add a TBS of ground flaxseed (not the whole ones)
    Blend until smooth and sip while you get dressed or watch the news.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein shakes from Costco are good in a pinch. 30 g of protein, low fat, low carb, 160 cals.

Protein smoothie:
    3-4 frozen strawberries
    1/2 frozen raspberries
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    splash (1 oz) pomegranate juice (other juices or cocount milk works too)
    1 scoop vanilla whey powder (I use swanson's or designer whey)
    handful of baby spinach leaves

I've made them without the banana before, but they need a little agave/honey/da vinci syrup then. More calories than the premade shake, but worth it!

Protein shake:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop whey
    few frozen berries
  • marybaskott
    Options
    Costco has a great protein shake...sorry I can't tell you the name as it's at home, but it comes in pkg 24 for just under $25 U.S. ( $1.05 each)or $30 can. They carry a couple, just read the label...110 calories and comes in flavours chocolate, vanilla and apparently strawberry, but I haven't been able to find that one.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use one scoop Whey Factors protein powder and blend with 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tablespoon flax oil, and ice. The whey protein has no artificial sweeteners and is affordable through Amazon. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, matcha green tea, and unflavored.