Salad Dressing

Options
Can anyone recommend a low cal (and tasty) salad dressing brand that I can buy in the grocery store?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Great Value (Walmart Brand) Buttermilk Ranch Lite - 35 calories for 2tbl
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I gave up dressings! I now make a batch of fresh salsa each sunday night that lasts me through the week at 15 calories per 1/2 a cup, no sodium, no fat dressing! I highly recommend it. May take you 10 minutes or so, but it's worth it :)
  • chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont!!!!! The Greek is my fave (10 cal) and the Cranberry and Rasberry Vin. are also awesome!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Kraft Zesty Italian, they have more than one "low cal" so read the label to make sure it matches what you are looking for.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    what'd your recipe for salsa?
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    Wishbone Salad Spritzers.
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Depends on your taste. But right now I am using Annie's Naturals Fat Free Mango

NF for 2 tbsp

Cal=20
    Sugar=5g
    Sodium=5g
    Carbs=5g
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love light raspberry vinaigrette. 50 cals in 2 tbsp.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump!

I love ranch dressing on my salads but it has way too many calories...most of the salad dressings I have tried have TONS of sodium in them.....

Looking for some new ones to try too!
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont!!!!! The Greek is my fave (10 cal) and the Cranberry and Rasberry Vin. are also awesome!

these are amazing! i love the poppy seed too!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I just found this in the organic/natural section at Albertsons. Walden Farms Creamy Bacon - Serving size- 2tbls Fat-0, Calories-0, Carb-0, Sodium 240mg. It's also gluten and cholesterol free. It is very tasty (I was surprised). They also make a creamy ranch that I plan on trying when this is gone.
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Girard's light raspberry vinaigrette too! It's great with spinach, dried cherries, gorganzola, and walnuts.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just found this in the organic/natural section at Albertsons. Walden Farms Creamy Bacon - Serving size- 2tbls Fat-0, Calories-0, Carb-0, Sodium 240mg. It's also gluten and cholesterol free. It is very tasty (I was surprised). They also make a creamy ranch that I plan on trying when this is gone.

I use that one too, and the ceaser one of that is good too.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I've dropped the dressing altogether, and I used to love it.

I just use lemon juice and pepper now. And I love it.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I really enjoy Renee's Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. 40 cals per 2 tbsp. It's quite tasty. You find it over where the lettuce is in the grocery store in the refrigerated section.
  • lemonlady125
    lemonlady125 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!!! these all sound great, can't wait to try them.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use Boathouse Farms Creamy Yogurt Dressing Honey Mustard
    45 calories for 2 Tbsp
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i just use balsamic vinegar its delish and good for you
  • kafoteh
    kafoteh Posts: 18
    Options
    Try Salsa! At first I was skeptical and craved tortilla chips, but then I tried it and it is so much better than dressing. I like HEB Brand's Cilantro Salsa.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    :laugh: BUMP! I just asked my MFP friends a similar question.