Two day meal, 7 euro's

Options
talysshade
talysshade Posts: 273 Member
Hey all,

Here's a student speaking ;-) For the next two days, tuesday and wednesday I have 7 euro's for two dinners. I'm cooking just for me, and nobody else, and thankfully i already have bread and cheese and some fruit so i can make breakfasts. But, now I'm trying to find a low cal, low budget meal that I can either eat both days of, or just two days as i have plenty time to cook each day.

Now, i HATE pasta.. and i'm not a big fan of rice unless it's panfried or spiced well, in my country vegetbles are cheap and meat is expensive, but who has some good ideas for a low cal, low budget, tasty allround meal?

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You could always stock up on a ton of vegetables and make a vegetable soup. Buy some chicken/beef/vegetable stock and just throw in whatever veggies you like. You can make a ton of soup for pretty cheap.
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    eggplant parmesan, eggplant pizza (the eggplant is your "bread"), soups with meatballs, ...
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    It's cold here so I think I would make a huge pot of vegetable soup. You could add a bit of meat, some barley or potatoes for starch and have several wonderful meals. Good luck!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't know if you can buy this where you are but what about a tin of red kidney beans in tomato paste with chili (Tesco sells this here). Heat it up and top a baked potato. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese if you have some. If you can't find the tins of red kidney beans in tomato, you can make it with a normal tin and some tomato puree plus some chili powder. Like a meatless chili con carne :)