Ab Ripper X: Will I ever be able to do all the backwords bi

Options
OK. I can do just about all the moves on the ab ripper x, but doing backword bicycles after 25 in and outs and 25 bicycles is sooooo hard. Then, add cruchy frog to that and my legs are toast. What gives? Any advice?

Replies

• coahdan
    coahdan Posts: 19
    Options
    All of them? How about ANY of them? I feel like a complete klutz the way my legs go every which way but straight on them. I used to think I was fairly coordinated... thanks Tony!
  • reyessam
    reyessam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah... depending on how good I'm feeling that day... some days I can do it all with no problem... some days I have to take a break...

There's no hurt in pressing the pause button between the exercises... at least in my opinion... =)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't have advice, but I have to comment on Tony when his says "Time for crunchy frog!" It makes me laugh every time... but I guess, now that I thinka bout it, do as many as you can and it will build up over time. Ab Ripper X is not easy by any means, but that's kind of the point :) you got this!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? I know it took me almost the whole 3 months to get through those without killing my hipflexors. It does take time, and if you are weak there anyway it may take longer. You also may just need to modify the moves a bit until you get through those. Lay on your back or on your elbows make help it out until it gets easier for you.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your fitness goals.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Just keep working at it. You will get there. How long have you been doing them. I really didnt get to do all exercises until about the 5th week in ABRX.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Week hip flexors and quads....keep at it, they will get stronger. Super Job.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I noticed taking shoes off makes it easier to get through ab ripper x. I also take a break in-between the main work out for the day and ab ripper x to help recoup before taking on ab ripper x. I still find that 15 minutes is harder to get through without a pause break then plyo.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I believe Tony intentionally made the Ab Ripper X to be almost impossible the first few times around. He can be so sadistic with his "I hate it, but I love it!" comments, lol. I have found the more I have done TaeBo or Turbo Fire that week, the more my hip flexors yell at me. But then again, that's what I get for mixing around routines : Some days are better than others. I do what one person said and go to the elbows or go slower those tough days. You will get it :smile:
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks to you all. I'm on the 8th week and I thought I'd be doing it all by now. I guess my hip flexors or weak. I know my quads are strong. The other prob might also be that I am 20 to 30 pounds overweight and all the excess fits above my knees and below my waste. So, imagine doing in and outs, bicycles, and crunch frog all with 10 pound weights on each leg. Well, NO EXCUSES! I will get STRONG!

p.s. "Time for crunchy frog!" makes me laugh too. Tony cracks me up.