Fat Caliper

Options
Where do I buy this little thingy or where can I get my body fat measured? Does anyone know how much the device itself costs or how much it costs to get it measured?

Thank you guys x

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    cost like $4 for the caliper haha but I would og have it done, doing it yourself can be highly inaccurate
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Are you a member of a gym? The gym i went to had one there. You hold it while you are resting and it will tell you your BMR as well as your body fat percentage.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    My dietition wants me to go to the local health club and get measured with the dunk in the water tank method. She says it costs about $75 here in Alaska.
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    naw, the gym at my university does not have one
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks lindainak. now to find where there is such a thing here
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    cost like $4 for the caliper haha but I would og have it done, doing it yourself can be highly inaccurate
    yes it can be VERY inaccurate! I had a lady tell me the other day that she WAS 21% and is now 10%.... lol uh try actually pinching the FAT, not just the skin. Anyhow. Sorry for the snide remark but I do agree. go have it done. If you have a membership at a gym they will generally do one for you for free or 5bucks.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    naw, the gym at my university does not have one
    if there are fitness professionals there they are all trained to use one.... so then you could buy one and take it in and ask them to do it for you. If they are a trainer... they SHOULD be trained to do it correctly. Another option is a DR.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    My dietition wants me to go to the local health club and get measured with the dunk in the water tank method. She says it costs about $75 here in Alaska.
    This is the most accurate form of measuring body fat and differentiating between muscle, fat, bone and all the different "weights". I plan on doing a dunk tank when I hit my next big goal-which I hope is my final goal! :-D