Question for my fellow "busty" ladies!

Options
I'm a rather large chested gal and finding a sports bra to exercise in is pretty hard for me. Doing Insanity and the gym kinda hurts when you have to jump around a lot. Has anyone found an awesome sports bra that supports really well but doesn't give the "uni-boob" effect? I literally have to wear 2 to make working out comfortable!

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've always heard its reccommended for anyone over a C cup to wear 2.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I wear Champion sports bras. They have a separate cup for each girl, and are quite supportive. I found mine at a specialty running store called Road Runner Sports (which also has an online store), but I've also found them at another running store called Fleet Feet.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I got a breast reduction done to help with this problem! However, before this, I wore two sports bras, sometimes three if I was doing high impact (like running). Layer a "regular" bra first, followed by a sports bra, followed by a workout top with a built-in shelf bra. Problem solved!

Don't worry about the uni-boob. No one's looking anyway, and you're doing it for fitness, not a fashion show! :tongue:
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Champion.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I used Shock Absorber because they go up to a size 36G. The shape can get alittle torpedo like in that size but it supports well when I do Insanity.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wear two of them too...just makes it easier and less painful.
  • AbbieK06
    AbbieK06 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm a DD and I have similar problems. I wear a Champion bra with the racer back straps. Usually I wear this under a workout top that has a built in shelf bra. This combo seems to work really well for me. Hope that helps, good luck! :heart:
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wear champion sports bras. You don't get the uni-boob b/c there are actual cups for each! When I was a D I wore two, because lets be honest-around that time of the month you just have to. 30lbs down, I'm now a C and just wear one, but I'm sticking with my champion sports bras.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I just shelled out the money for an Enell Sports Bra. I'm a 42D. Apparently it was featured by Oprah in her magazine and she really liked it. I had gone to a running specialty store for good shoes and a good bra. I tried on about 10 different types of bras, and this one was the most heavy duty. I think it looks kind of like a corsette for your boobs, but it seems like it's working well. I wore it running for the last two days. Here's the company's website if you're interested - there's a photo so you can see what I mean about the corsette thing! :laugh:

http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1
  • NokoB
    NokoB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hands down winner from years of sports bra tries:

Moving Comfort bras (http://www.movingcomfort.com/)

I tried many Champion bras (I'm a DDD) and found I always ended up with a uniboob or not enough support. Enell's eliminate the bounce but are too constricting (feels like a corset).

I bought a Fiona about a year ago and never looked back (now I own three).

Goddess brand sports bras are a close second to Moving Comfort. They don't look like much, but they're fantastic once they're on.

MC and Goddess bras are a bit more expensive than Champion (and I am one frugal SOB), but they are WORTH IT. I've never felt so motivated and comfortable when I work out.
  • lnfowler887
    lnfowler887 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'll definitely have to give some of these a try. Hopefully with all this exercising I'll lose a cup size or 4! Lol. But its more of a genetic thing so I may be stuck with them, which is fine as long as I can keep them in place when I need to!! Lol
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber are excellent. They go up to H cup and are very supportive.

If you are getting a uni-boob effect then you are not wearing the correct size. Go and get a fitting. Don't go to a chain store because most chain stores don't realise women can go beyond a D cup.
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    try http://abigattitude.com/store/home.php?bid=7&partner=netsweat1

that is who outfits Biggest Loser women
  • askhawaja
    Options
    My Triumph one is seriously the best - it got my seal of approval when I was jumping about in the changing rooms to test it and my belly was jiggling but my 32DD breasts hardly moved!