20 lbs by end of summer!

Options
my weight goes in my stomach and once again I got asked at gym are you pregnant? Not so cute and funny when you are in your 50's and have grand kids!

I have yo yo'd and tried many diets and came to the conclusion that eating less of healthy food and exercise is the only way.

So when I looked for the best app for calories this one had the best ratings by the most people!

Hope i can make some friends to help along the way. I live in the mountains, work part time at B & B, and belong to a bookclub.

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do it!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Diets are not the greatest to begin with. MFP is more of a lifestyle change. My first two weeks of cutting out crap and keeping on track for exercising was very hard for me as I am a creature of routine, but now a month later and its part of my routine. Good luck in your journey here :)
  • Amymhis
    Amymhis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend! We can motivate each other! :D
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm rather new myself and want to lose about 20 pounds, preferably by summer, but i've given myself a year just in case, so about the same situation , because.... it's all in my tummy and i can't stand in. So far i'm here for about two weeks and as on track i've lost 2 pounds so far ^^

If you want send me a friend request and we'll do it together!
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    I just joined last week & have the same short-term goal to lose 20 pounds by my birthday in mid-August. My long-term goal is to lose a total of 90 pounds & keep it off for good! I too have yo-yo'ed back and forth over the past 10+ years, but recently losing my full-time job has given me the extra time to devote totally to taking care of myself while looking for another job. I also gain weight the most in my belly area--it's common trouble spot for women I've been told.

This seems like a great place for support & tracking everything here is so simple & kinda fun to watch each day! This site was recommended to me by a girfriend from highschool who just became a personal fitness coach & looks amazing.

Best wishes & know that I'll be right there with ya through this journey! :>
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is one of the best sites out there! The support and info you find here is pretty good.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you (or anyone else) needs a motivator. I wasn't much for playing sports but I'm a great cheerleader!! :)