HOW DO I EAT HEALTHY AND MEET MY CALORIE/FAT GOALS?

Options
I have been living a healthier lifestyle for 2 months now. I am not weighing myself because I dont want the scale to be my motivation. I have lost 6 inches off my waist and several inches all over, however i am concered im not eating enough. I eat ALOT, but because all the food i eat is healthy, fruits , veggies, lean meat, skim/lowfat etc. i cannot ever seem to reach my calorie goals. I work out 5-6 days a week and because of this my net calories rarely reach 1000. I dont feel like im starving. i eat when im hungry. i take mag cal and a multi daily, but im afraid of the term "starvation mode" Any tips or ideas on how to work healthy but more caloric food into my diet or if i even need to?

I appreciate any feedback <3

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have been living a healthier lifestyle for 2 months now. I am not weighing myself because I dont want the scale to be my motivation. I have lost 6 inches off my waist and several inches all over, however i am concered im not eating enough. I eat ALOT, but because all the food i eat is healthy, fruits , veggies, lean meat, skim/lowfat etc. i cannot ever seem to reach my calorie goals. I work out 5-6 days a week and because of this my net calories rarely reach 1000. I dont feel like im starving. i eat when im hungry. i take mag cal and a multi daily, but im afraid of the term "starvation mode" Any tips or ideas on how to work healthy but more caloric food into my diet or if i even need to?

I appreciate any feedback <3

My advice, listen to your body. If you are energized, and have the energy to workout you dont feel faint or sick, you are FINE. Not everyone needs 1200 calories especially if you are a very small woman.

Congrats on not lokoing at the scale in 2 months. I cant go 2 days.!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    tough to make any informed recommendations without being able to see the diary.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    tough to make any informed recommendations without being able to see the diary.
    agreed
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    If you're not hungry and have the energy to work out then don't worry! Your doing great :) I wouldn't worry about the whole "starvatoin mode" If I eat healthy I'm doing good to reach 1000 calories a day, but i still get full and have more energy now than ever :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts.
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    not sure if you're already doing this or not since I haven't seen your diary, but maybe try adding some nuts for a good healthy fat. Almonds are delicious and filling.
  • ChristmasCrystal
    ChristmasCrystal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. All the food I eat is usually very high in protein so I'm full all the time. Try adding nuts into your diet. They are higher in (good) fats & calories. They help me get my calorie intake a little higher each day. How many times a day are you eating? I have 3 meals & 3 snacks and that seems to help too.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's hard to make suggestions without being able to see your food diary. But, you could add some whole grains, nuts, avocados, cheese, eggs, peanut butter...
  • MissMakayla
    Options
    Thank you for all the imput...I would love to share my food diary if i only knew how! (newbie) I do include good fats in my diet daily, raw coconut oil and avocado. I will start to have an additional snack with nuts each day, great advice!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the imput...I would love to share my food diary if i only knew how! (newbie) I do include good fats in my diet daily, raw coconut oil and avocado. I will start to have an additional snack with nuts each day, great advice!

Go to the food tab, settings, and at the bottom click public :)
  • MissMakayla
    Options
    Food tracker now public :)

Thanks Jennw10
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot (around 2300 calories on non-workout days), and maintain a very healthful diet. Check out my diary!