Mowing!

Options
Does mowing really count as an exercise? I mowed my lawn and my neighbors it was about an acre total. I used a push mower.

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    were you tired afterward? did you raise your heart rate? if so then yes, it does. :)
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! It all counts and is great exercise, especially if it's a non self-propelled push mower!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love mowing for exercise. I am clearing off some property and use it for exercise as well. Wear an heart rate monitor that shows calories burned.... you will see how much exercise. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jassper
    Jassper Posts: 25
    Options
    It burns about the same amount of calories as walking at a med pace, ~2.0 mph.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I did wear my HRM it said i burned 637 calores. I wore a jacket so I did sweat alot.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For sure it counts! I raked our tiny little yard but it still made me perspire and it burned 50 calories!:drinker:
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It is on the exercise database so I'd count it.
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    of course it counts you burn a lot of calories cutting the yard the bigger the yard the more you burn!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Absolutely it does! You're walking, moving and getting your heart rate up. I mowed today and even got a sweat going. :bigsmile: